Not grand, not chic, but our week in chalet 7 was perfect for us and our 3 year old. Overlooking the golf course towards the Cairngorms, the chalet sleeps up to 6 but I would say no more than 4 comfortably. Enough privacy, very quiet and about right for the price we paid.
The small kitchen was all we needed for the week and a conservatory provided an outdoor/indoors dining room to save us from the midges. Beds were comfy and the chalet was well appointed and clean. The carpets looked new. We had the wifi and entertainment package (£10 for a week) which worked well.
The club house is fairly basic and food expensive, but again is all you should need and feels like anything you might find at a 3 star hotel. The staff were always helpful and range of sports facilities are good - tennis / swimming / 9&18 hole golf / and more. 'Playground' was run down and could do with being re-done and the swimming pool area was a little shabby (but with new changing rooms).
We were really surprised with how much there was to do close by - easily enough to fill 2 weeks. For families, highly recommend Loch Morlich, Landmark Park in Carrbridge, Nairn Beach, Highland Wildlife Park, Folk Museum in Kingussie, Cairngorm mountain train, Mountain Café in Aviemore for lunch + coffee, and The Old Bridge Inn.The main Macdonald resort is in the centre of Aviemore and has a brilliant new-ish leisure complex and other facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spey Valley Golf & Country Club borders the famous River Spey with spectacular views of the surrounding Spey Valley and Cairngorm Mountains. The Resort is close to the lively village of Aviemore.Spey Valley Golf & Country Club offers luxury lodges, spacious apartments and cosy Scandinavian style chalets scattered around a nine hole, par 3 golf course. The reception area, swimming pool, sports hall and other leisure facilities, along with an excellent restaurant and relaxing bar are all located in the Clubhouse.Whether you are here to enjoy an exciting activity holiday or a break in glorious scenery, you're sure to find what you are looking for at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. We wish you an enjoyable stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club Aviemore, Scotland