If you are from the US, you will feel nickel-and-dimed to death. You will be charged for all the electricity you use. You will be charged each time you pick up the phone. You will be charged to play badminton, table tennis, tennis; there is even a charge for wi-fi. If you are from the US, bring an adapter so you can use your appliances. The front desk does not have any. The only thing that is no-charge is the nine-hole golf course, which is very nice. The restaurant is overpriced, but the staff at the restaurant are very friendly. The restaurant does NOT serve breakfast. The staff at the reception desk are polite, but not well-trained. They offer no information at check-in. When we asked for information about renting a car (which you will probably need to do, too), the clerk handed us a sheet of phone numbers. The first was out of business. The third was a wrong number. The seventh (of seven numbers) was also a wrong number. Did I mention you get charged each time you pick up the phone? The units are clean, but sparse. There are no washcloths, no kitchen sponge, not even one courtesy coffee. The units do not include laundry facilities. There are two washers and dryers on the property. It costs 2.5 pounds to do a load of wash and 2.5 pounds to dry it. Even if you run the dryer for the max time, 100 minutes, your jeans will not dry. There is a sister hotel about 4 miles away with shopping, a cinema, and more restaurants, but the resort does not offer a shuttle to it. Go figure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spey Valley Golf & Country Club borders the famous River Spey with spectacular views of the surrounding Spey Valley and Cairngorm Mountains. The Resort is close to the lively village of Aviemore.Spey Valley Golf & Country Club offers luxury lodges, spacious apartments and cosy Scandinavian style chalets scattered around a nine hole, par 3 golf course. The reception area, swimming pool, sports hall and other leisure facilities, along with an excellent restaurant and relaxing bar are all located in the Clubhouse.Whether you are here to enjoy an exciting activity holiday or a break in glorious scenery, you're sure to find what you are looking for at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. We wish you an enjoyable stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club Aviemore, Scotland