“Does exactly what it says on the tin!”

The Park Guest House
Ranked #9 of 29 Aviemore B&B and Inns
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Does exactly what it says on the tin!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

This is billed as a modern hotel and I can't argue with that. Our room was the smallest I have stayed in and was on the main road. Which means you can hear the traffic all night. Due to the unusual heat this year we had to sleep with the windows open , therefore no sleep all night. The staff are excellent and friendly. If you're staying ask for a room at the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We had another great night here.We were only here last month but we liked it so much hey why not.We got a great welcome again from Mark who gave us a beautiful room(4).The hotel is only five minutes from the centre with plenty of on site parking.
Once more the food and service were great.Only problem was the heat at night,all the windows open but still very hot but this is not the hotels fault,, It has been very sunny up here for a change lol.look forward to our next visit already.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank RobertAnne
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Single night stop over for myself and a colleague. The room rate was reasonable and the food ideal for the indecisive. Good breakfast, just missing a bit of healthy variety but good strong coffee to set you up for the day. Will definitely stop again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were just passing through and stopped here for a night. The rate we got was very good so I wasn't expecting too much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room we had was modern, spacious & well equipped. We were facing the main road but noise wasn't an issue. The hotel is a bit of a rabbit warren and they could do with some signs indicating which corridor to take to access which room.

However, the bed was the softest, saggiest thing I have ever come across and my back ached all night plus for the next couple of nights after that and I never suffer from back problems. There was also a problem with the shower - it pumped extremely hot then cold bursts of water. Wifi was also dodgy on my tablet in the room but Ok in the restaurant. My husband's notebook was fine in the room though.

It's well located - just a short walk along to the shops. We made a half-hearted attempt and wandered out to eat somewhere else but the set menu was pretty good value compared to the other options so we returned and had dinner here too. The menu is either a tapas-style selection of 'international starters' (so that's why it has such an odd name) or the set menu was a starter and main course. The food was very good.

Staff were all young and friendly and the atmosphere was good.

I would have given this place a rating of 5 if it were not for the exceptionally uncomfortable bed and I'm glad we only had to stay one night. Sadly, a good night's sleep is what you pay for and that's not what we got.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed for one night and decided to try the dinner menu and Im glad we did. We were able to try many starters (tapas style) and the variety wad very good. Breakfast in the morning was faultless. Very happy I booked here. Bedroom was very good size and clean, the only thing I would suggest is ask for a room that does not face the main road as there was some (very slight) traffic noise, but even though we had that room I would still recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

We visit Aviemore fairly regular and have often thought of this hotel.So this time we chose to stay here for one night.Excellent choice,yes it's true that the exterior is not the prettiest but once inside that all changes.The inside of the hotel has a pleasant atmosphere and the staff were very welcoming.We were given a lovely room with a view if the mountains.The room was very airy and spotlessly clean.the bed was comfy and we both had a good nights sleep.

We had our evening meal there and chose to dine from the two course special,and what a good choice.The food and service were both great and the restaurant it's self was small and intimate.We had breakfast the next morning and that also was very tasty cereal,fruits ect followed by the full cooked mmm yummy bacon and a perfect poached egg.

We would recommend this hotel no problem,and next time we visit Aviemore we will not hesitate to book here.oh one more thing it is only minutes on foot to all the other bars and restaurants in town.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Great place in aviemore, brilliant food, nice friendly staff. It dosen't look that great from the outside it it's lovely and modern inside, I go as often as I can! My favourite in aviemore! The food is the best as the portions are the perfect size, price is very reasonable, I went with 3 other adults and my 3 children and every one of us enjoyed their meal.

• Stayed May 2013