“Great chippy”

Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Aviemore
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Right on the main street in Aviemore, and with pavement tables too for those warmer days, this is a nice place to pick up a fish supper.

Service is good, food appears to be cooked to order (mine's was) so arrived piping hot and there's the option to sit-in, use the outdoor seats or take-home.

Pricing a bit on the high side, but overall very good

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Girlfriend and I took a camping trip to Aviemore and before going, we knew we wanted fish and chips. Being to Aviemore many times before, I automatically picked the best fish and chips I have ever been to, Smiffys.

We came in and ordered two haddock suppers and sat in. All am saying, the best fish and chips I have ever had. Service was great and we were served very quickly. Don't get me wrong, its a normal fish and chips shop but my god, it's the best.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I ordered a red pudding supper for myself and my wife had the fish supper. When they arrived i was very excited but when i cut into my red pudding,to be perfectly honest it was a SAUSAGE, a poor excuse for a red pudding. I questioned the fryer but he said it was a red pudding and this was the highland way. I know the difference between a sausage and red pudding and this looked and tasted of sausage. felt as if i was tricked out of my dinner. Over priced and well over rated. I wont be back and thats for sure. U dont get offered sauce either.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Freshly made tasty fish & chips
Friendly fast service
Couldn't fault it !
Would certainly recommend this take away

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Awful chips - just little scraps and not a decent chip amongst a whole portion - not cheap either ! Staff are fast and efficient - but for the prices they charge they really should change the chip supplier and provide some decent hot large chips not just a bag of crispy off cuts.... very disappointed