“Clean, good quality”

Ranked #26 of 61 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: Fast food, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Stornoway, United Kingdom
“Clean, good quality”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice clean place good quality food and you can sit inside or outside :) downside the ques were very long and a bit pricey and closes pretty early at about 10pm

• Visited August 2013

Bishopton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Expensive for sit in fish tea albeit nice piece of fish and good chips. We were charged nearly 20 pounds for two fish teas with a roll and cup of tea. Declined a small portion of mushy peas @ 1.25 pounds & sachet of tomato sauce at 25p each. Same thing in Nardinis Largs with bigger fish & mushy peas/sauce included followed by a sweet of ice cream in very nice surroundings ..... 5 pounds cheaper.

Visited July 2014
Peterhead , Scotland
“Order mixed up but very nice ice-cream on a hot day”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here regularly when we are staying in Aviemore and are always happy with the food. However one night we were down this week around 5-30 pm when it was a starting to pick up so I left my order and went across the road to Tesco for odds and ends. I came back fifteen minutes later to find confusion in the ranks as to who was getting what . After a few minutes most things were sorted out and we left it at that. The order wasn't short , it was just not quite what we had ordered , but when they are busy I suppose these things happen.
This didn't stop us coming back a couple of afternoons later when it was touching 30© to have some Ice-Cream. I dare say we will go back for food again but when it is not so busy.

Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great chippy”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Right on the main street in Aviemore, and with pavement tables too for those warmer days, this is a nice place to pick up a fish supper.

Service is good, food appears to be cooked to order (mine's was) so arrived piping hot and there's the option to sit-in, use the outdoor seats or take-home.

Pricing a bit on the high side, but overall very good

• Visited July 2014
“Smiffys never disappoints! ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Girlfriend and I took a camping trip to Aviemore and before going, we knew we wanted fish and chips. Being to Aviemore many times before, I automatically picked the best fish and chips I have ever been to, Smiffys.

We came in and ordered two haddock suppers and sat in. All am saying, the best fish and chips I have ever had. Service was great and we were served very quickly. Don't get me wrong, its a normal fish and chips shop but my god, it's the best.