“river kayaking”
Review of Full On Adventure

Full On Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Full On Adventure, Aviemore based provider of great outdoor activities.We provide a wide range of adventure activities and wild adventure journeys. Our Aviemore based adventures include River Tubing (White Water Adventure tubing), White Water Rafting, Canyoning, River Touring Kayak and Canoe trips, ww kayak coaching, sea kayaking, guided mountain biking, Nordic XC Ski hire and lessons, Alpine and Back Country Skiing or Snow Boarding lessons and guiding, Winter Skills courses, Adventure Training and Corporate adventure activities. We also run a number of adventurous multi day trips to various locations. We pride ourselves on having a highly skilled team of qualified guides, only the best quality equipment and extra warm gear for when it's not the sunny paradise that is the Scottish Highlands.
London, United Kingdom
“river kayaking”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I wanted a full day out after a big days walk the previous day so we decided on a paddle down the spey
Charlie our guide gave us a quick rundown on the basics and then we were off down The Spey for about 5 hours going thru some gentle rapids and very pleasant scenery on a lovely day
All in all it was a great experience and Charlie made it all work very well
Nick & Sam

Visited July 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“River Tubing - Great Fun!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked White Water Rafting with Full on Adventure for my boyfriend and I. Unfortunatley due to a lower river we could not do this so Tubing was our other option - and I actually think it was better!

There was just two of us in our group which meant that we had the instructor to ourselves. He was very friendly and explained everything very well.

The tubing iself was great fun and we did some rock jumping too. I would definitley like to do this again next time I am up in Aviemore.

My only downside was that it didn't feel long enough - I wish the rapids kept going! It was around 1.5 hours of tubing but you don't actually go that far down the river.

Definitley a great experience and would not hesitate to book again with Full on Adventure.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“River Tubing”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner booked this for myself and a friend to go and have a day out and have some fun, this activity did not disappoint. We went during the week on a lovely sunny afternoon in June where it ended up just being myself and my friend. Speaking to the instructors during the week is quiet for them and if you want to get the most out of your time on the river then i would suggest thinking about taking a day off and taking advantage of the off peak times. With it just being the two of us the instructors let us do what we wanted, if we wanted to do the rapid parts again or the jumping off rocks we could. My top tip is to go through the week if you can.

My friend is very nervous when it comes to swimming so the idea of going down the river for fun took a while for him to come around to. This activity is for all levels of swimmers, he had a great day! the instructors are really professional and approachable, if you have a nervous party member just let them know and they will stay close to them and they can also tailor which parts of the river you can go down. The equipment looked brand new and the suits, gloves, socks, shoes, helmet and buoyancy aid were all clean and in good condition.

During our time on the river it was a great mix of just bobbing down a lazy river in the sun shine all the way to exciting white rapids, i would stress that if you are nervous about getting your head under the water you can avoid these parts so don't be put off. The instructors position themselves before you go down through the fun parts and wave to you when they are ready. After each rapid the river had areas where you could stop, take a break and do some jumps off the rocks and into the pools.

This was a gift so i couldn't comment on the price, but as a gift it was a fantastic idea, different and i really enjoyed it. The instructors were friendly, professional and very safety orientated. The equipment was all in good condition and the facilities are fine. Do it and have a great time!

Tadley, United Kingdom
“River tubing”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked to go on the river tubing having seen a review in the Caravan & Camping magazine a while ago and we're camping in the area last month when we did an afternoon session. My husband was excited but I was a little nervous I will admit having not done this sort of thing before. We were kitted out with all the safety gear and were taken to our start point where we had our safety brief and then we were off. It was such fun, yeah we fell out a few times but it just made you more determined to stay on the tube. Brilliant fun and would definitely do again!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“River Tubing, excellent fun!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Took my boyfriend here as a surprise for his 30th birthday and a group of friends, we all had a fantastic time River Tubing along with perfect weather. Prices are reasonable, staff (Kevin, Caroline and John) were great and very helpful, overall a fab morning spent here and we would definitely go back.

River Canyon looks set to be next :)