“sunday funday”

Ranked #26 of 29 Aviemore B&B and Inns
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“sunday funday”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed one night, it happened to be the night the karaoke was on, which lasted until 1am would have been very loud but we were quite happy to have a few drinks in the bar and watch the others joining in.
Not the warmest of bars, very drab decorated.
The room was small but adequate for one night.
The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, choice of cereals etc, toast, tea or coffee and also a full cooked breakfast if you wanted one.
Staff were pleasant and helpful, location was great
We would definitely stay again, value for money, compared to the more expensive places.
Not the poshest of places but great value.

Room Tip: Ask for one NOT above the bar if staying on a Sunday
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here recently over two nights in a family room which was very comfortable with ensuite bathroom . The proprietor , Andy Farmer , is a chef and the food is amazing . I urge you to try the gourmet burgers with a pint of real ale , which my husband says, in his opinion , is to CAMRA standard . Andy is charming and his staff are professional and most welcoming . Joanne , the lady who assists at breakfast and is in charge of housekeeping , is an absolute star and nothing was too much trouble for her . She has a wonderful disposition . Mark , the barman with whom we had several conversations , is most helpful and charming . Our young son loved the pool table , free for residents during the day . The scenery is stunning and we will definitely return . I highly recommend a visit to this Highland gem .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Scottish Highlands
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had an overnight stay at Mackenzies recently and were not disappointed. The accommodation was comfortable and spotlessly clean, extra tea bags were no trouble and the offer to help with the luggage was much appreciated.

We were persuaded to try the special menu and were surprised by the quality and QUANTITY of the portions. The regular menu choices were also good and contained something for everyone.

I overheard a chap being offered tasters of beer when he couldn`t decide what kind he wanted, and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

There is a comfortable residents lounge where the wifi reception seems to be the best.

Plenty of car parking and outside seats and a sheltered, conopied area with tables and benches for the smokers.....or those who just wanted to take the evening air.

Breakfast was HUGE.............when we go back we would share a breakfast between us.

The hotel has recently been taken over by Belhaven brewery and my advice to them is not to try to make this hotel into yet another in a chain......its unique character is something special.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dollar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great food, service, staff and rooms, can't fault it....Great parking,
wi-fi....friendly bar ...it has everything you need, and I felt more than comfortable as a woman on my own....excellent value too...I will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarilynChildsDuncan
Aviemore
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stopped by for a late lunch with friends. Menu has a good selection and there is also a specials board with a selection of main courses for £5. Had a Mackenzies sharing platter for 2 @ £10. In a word - fantastic. Friends had filled rolls of pulled pork with melted cheese and red onion - looked tasty and we were informed, were very tasty. No hesitation in recommending this place. Food good, service good ans all reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went here with my wife, we where drawn in by 2 meals for £10 which is very good. I was not expecting much but I was surprised when my burger game out, the portion size was very good and it tasted great! My only complaint would be that they forgot to put the pasta in my wife's pasta bake but I think is was a genuine mistake and over all the food was good and I would go back again.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had a lovely stay here. There was a slight problem with our room that was handled extremely professionally and I can honestly say that I think the customer service skills of all staff at McKenzies is exemplary. The food is amazing and very reasonably priced. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family