“Worth the wait in the queue”
Review of Mountain Cafe

Mountain Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Aviemore
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We asked for a recommendation for somewhere to eat in Aviemore and were told the Mountain Cafe was the place to go but were warned about the queue. We waited half an hour before being shown to our table but were then served quickly.
We both ordered the wrap and soup combo which sounded ideal for lunch. The Thai style chicken and spinach broth was delicious and the wrap was bursting with ham, cheese and salad for me and honey mustard chicken for my fiancé.
As we watched a young boy trying to devour a massive wedge of cake, we decided to have a look at their selection. There were so many to choose from, most of which being a meal on their own but we opted for the chocolate and beetroot cake as well as the mocha cake. They were packed neatly in boxes for us to take away and enjoy later.
We would definitely recommend a visit here, even if you have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Living fairly locally to aviemore means I can eat in this idyllic little place as often as I want. I have eaten here several times over the past few months with friends and family and have never been disappointed, from the breakfast to the lunches and don't get me started on the out of this world home baking. I can see why this place is always so busy ! Also a quick mention to the attentive and extremely friendly staff

Reviewed 14 October 2013

A lovely warm and toasty restaurant, serving good food, but the most amazing hot chocolate, in fact they are a meal in themselves, and of course you can take a wee dram !

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Ok. So most people stopping for lunch would eat something sensible. We did too. The Persian Onion soup was unlike anything I had eaten before and bloody fabulous! But the problem is, the portions are built for people who have done exercise. Unfortunately I hadn't. And therefore I didn't have room for any of the infamous cakes. My advice is as follows: stay several days to try several things on the menu, and forget being sensible : everything is wonderful, but definitely start with cake. If the small sample I had is anything to go by, missing out is MISSING OUT!!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We are regular visitors to this great little restaurant/bistro and this week's holiday has proved yet again that it offers great food and coffee. The breakfasts are amazing - a veritable tower of deliciousness! OR a granola plate that makes you want to lick it when finished!!
Lunches too are innovative and very well presented. If cake and scones are more to your taste, then this is the place for you, there are daily specials in the scones which are very imaginative as well as tasty! Cakes that cater for those with various allergies as well as the high calorie type.
Service is informal but efficient. Sometimes you have to wait but only because the place is VERY busy!!