“Totally Disapointed”
Review of Explorer Cafe

Explorer Cafe
Ranked #34 of 67 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Located upstairs inside the Tiso Outdoor Experience store Explorer Cafe enjoys commanding views of the Cairngorms. Open 7 days we offer a range of tasty treats and a daily menu of freshly prepared meals made by hand on the premises. From a locally roasted coffee to dishes prepared from some of the Highland's finest ingredients we offer quality food in an informal setting.
Reviewed 17 October 2018

We visit Abie,ore on a regular basis and have been waiting for Tiso to open for months. Thought we would combine a walk round a Tiso with a spot of Lunch. Wrong decision. Ordered our food and drinks and it didn’t seem very organised. Got a number for our food and sat down. 10 mins later a waitress asked me what we had ordered as one of the orders had slipped down the back of the fridge. I told her and off she went. I then watched 2 other people order and get their food before us. My partner advised a waitress that we had been waiting 25mins. Off she went then came back and made some excuse thar the order had not printed but they would make it now. We asked for our money back and that took a while as they did not know how to refund. Would not recommend.

1  Thank Kevin M
explorercafe, Manager at Explorer Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As we are a relatively new business, we have come across a few teething issues which have now been successfully resolved.

I do apologise that your experience was not what we adhere to deliver but i do hope that the next time you are visiting Aviemore you will pop in and try us again.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Tried to go for lunch here but ended up with a bag of crisps. Total lack of menus except one that every single customer seems to have to fight for at the till making the till ques exceedingly long. “For soup of the day please see the board...” what board?
I also find it bizarre that a place with child’s soft play area has no children’s menu.

1  Thank r6j9m3

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are a relatively new business and have come across some teething problems which we have now been successfully resolved. Including in this is the children's menu which has proved very popular.

I hope that you will come back in to see the improvements soon:)

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Needed out of my four walls to do some studying away from the washing ironing and pets. Had lovely coffee and lovely breakfast muffin with soft buttery scrambled eggs, bacon and, at my request, spinach. The coffee was great, the cafe was light and airy, clean and with friendly staff. No one bothered me and the WiFi was fast enough to do what I needed to. I had another coffee and carrot cake and it was all good.

Recomnended :)

1  Thank Susan L

Thanks for the taking time to leave us a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and i hope we can welcome you back again soon :)

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Had coffee and roll.Was lovely and fresh,and the coffee was beautiful! Nice and clean as well.Brilliant little place

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Julie K

Hi, thanks very much for taking the time to write us a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and I hope that i can welcome you back very soon :)

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

This is the new Café inside the new Tiso store on the retail park in Aviemore. I visited at 9.30am today and was welcomed as the first hot food customer the Café has had. They have been open for 3 days serving hot and cold drinks and have now extended their range to include limited hot food offer. My choice of porridge is not yet available and so I chose a bacon roll £4.50 and cappuccino £2.75. Nicely presented. Enthusiastic and friendly team. Pleasant environment with plenty windows and natural light. They have plenty competition now in Aviemore and so long as they aim for achieving the consistent excellent quality of coffee available from exemplar competitor Mountain Café then this Café will do well.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Derek G

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We have had a few teething problems that we have we have now successfully resolved and i hope that i can welcome you back soon so you can now gain the full Explorer Cafe experience.