“Disappointing evening”

Old Bridge Inn
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish, Gastropub
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Old Bridge Inn, Aviemore, offers a roaring log fire and cheerful atmosphere along with excellent food and a fine selection of cask ales and malt whiskies. It has always been a favourite haunt for those who enjoy the outdoors, while friendly staff and locals always make you welcome.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Dirty restaurant
Dirty glasses
Poor decor
Poor service
V. Dirty cloakroom with no toilet tissue

3 Thank Michele_G186525

Huntington Beach
“Good Cask Ale and Bottle Selection”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I didn't eat here. I had already consumed some mediocre fish and chips on the main road. But I stopped in here for cask ale and wasn't disappointed - with four on offer. There is also an eclectic offering of bottled beer from around the world and the UK. The bar service was very good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank HBSponger
Moray
“Great pub!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Near Ardlogie Guest house and has weekend music. Spacious inside with a lovely conservatory and an outside area too.

Visited June 2014
Falkirk
“Poor Value, Poor Service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited with my wife and son for my wifes birthday and for fathers day after several years of wanting to eat here from hearing of others raving about the food. Service was attentive to start, starters very good and quickly served even though we were handed the plates by the server not what I expect from a restaurant of the calibre they think they are!! Mains followed quickly after that, too quickly and very rushed. My wifes "fillet steak" or more like roast beef came cold and had to be sent back. I think the description on the menu describing it as a fillet is incorrect, it comes sliced and I would call it roast beef and for a price tag of £24, the portion size was very small. I had the hake which was full of HUGE bones which could have been dangerous if I had eaten one.

We were offered "deserts on the house" due to the problems with my wifes "fillet" by the server, only to find out when we got the bill it was only my wife who would receive a dessert on the house!!!!!

The service from this point on was disastorous, nobody came near us or asked us if everything was ok, I had to ask for another drink and when I got the bottle of beer it was warm as was the first one I was served. We noted other tables looking about for the non existant service. When we eventually got the bill and paid we were not asked if everything was ok, so my wife then had to tell them it was appaulling. Received an excuse of being short staffed but I told them quite frankly this was not my problem but of course it became mine. We were offered a free drink at the bar but I could not get out of the place quickly enough, I don't appreciate warm beer, lame food and lame excuses.

I do not mind paying good money for good food but when I am served poor standard food, with equally poor service and for a premium price I get very annoyed. To boot we left hungry!! Wont be back!!

8 Thank Stuart0708
oldbridgeinn, Owner at Old Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us a few Sundays back.

There are several points in your review which we will be addressing with the staff and hope to ensure will not be repeated.

The restaurant business, like any, or like anything in life for that matter, can have its ups and downs. We would love to be 100% consistent, but in reality, we are not robots. As any restaurant will tell you, from time to time, things can go wrong.

An unexpected rush, tables being late which hold up service, staff not being at their best for any number of reasons, mechanical issues, supplier issues and any number of other things can adversely effect a customer's experience. When a seasonal business in a rural location is open for close to 100 hours per week, the demands on staff are quite high.

It seems on this occasion, some of our staff were not performing at their peak. For this we apologise, unreservedly.

It is now part of the fabric of this industry that the public are invited to critique our performance through various channels, not something that many other industries, or individuals, are exposed to in their daily work lives.

All we can ask is that those reading such critiques will take a variety of comments on board and come to their own opinions. If doing we hope people will see the overwhelming wweight of opinion supports what we try to do here.

Both the hake and our fillet of beef (if you scroll through some of the other reviews) are firm favorites with so many people. The fillet is a cut of meat from the cow, regardless of how it is presented (in this case, yes, it has been sliced, once cooked). I can assure you this dish is very much fillet of beef. The hake is incredibly popular too and does not generally have any bones in it. Of course, as with any fish dish, their is a small chance of bones.

Regardless, though, again I offer our apologies on behalf of all at The Old Bridge Inn, that you felt you did not receive good service and good value.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best meal ever!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was amazing, the service was quick and friendly, the starters were the perfect size, the mains were cooked to perfection with flavour bursting from every mouthful. I had no room left for pudding but my partner ordered one and I couldn't resist trying it, it was like nothing else I have ever tasted! Delicious. We left the restaurant so pleased we found it as it really made the last night of our wee aviemore break special.