“Excellent gastro pub”

Old Bridge Inn
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Bridge Inn, Aviemore, offers a roaring log fire and cheerful atmosphere along with excellent food and a fine selection of cask ales and malt whiskies. It has always been a favourite haunt for those who enjoy the outdoors, while friendly staff and locals always make you welcome.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Dinner here was a very enjoyable and pleasant surprise! The food was excellent from starter to dessert (including cheese!) and the beer was also great from a choice perspective. After a long drive or walk this is the perfect place to stop and relax.

There are newer reviews for Old Bridge Inn

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Service was quick and friendly but the food was a bit variable. Some of our party were very pleased with their dishes - the beef was nicely done and one of our party had an excellent cullen skink style starter. However the lemon sole with rice noodles was very bland with just a few little gem lettuce leaves as an accompaniament. In fact I think the vegetables were generally poor or non existent.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We came for a dinner and were really impressed with the food here. It was very creative & delicious!! It is a real fine dine food, instead of pub food. All staff were very friendly.
If you are in the area of Aviemore, check this out!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having checked the place would welcome dogs we were disappointed to be turned away - in sight of the owner's dog comfortably ensconced in the bar- as there were " no bar tables" out and no-one offered to set any up! We'd been anticipating a nice family lunch but the 'welcome' we received was at best off-hand, at worst, dismissive. Won't bother to go back again so we won't be able to find out what the food was like. Shame. In all the years we've been coming to Aviemore we' ve never met anyone less than polite friendly and welcoming - until today.

oldbridgeinn, Owner at Old Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hello and thanks for your message.

At The Old Bridge Inn we are more than happy to welcome dogs into our bar and lounge, but as some people fairly enough do not like dogs, we must of course keep an area dog free for diners.

On the day in question we had live music on that evening, so the lounge was set up with a stage and our sound desk. The band were due to arrive in the afternoon for their sound check. Unfortunately, this means that we had to remove some tables. We would love to be able to keep the full bar/lounge and restaurant fully set up at all times, but in order to host live music events, space constraints mean something has to give.

The Sunset Sons gig ended up, as expected, with a packed dance floor, again why we had to remove tables.

I think it was in fact myself who first spoke to you and my sincere apologies if I came across at abrupt in any way. From memory I think while I was serving another customer, I noticed you were wandering into the restaurant with your dog, which I had to prevent. I think I did so by saying "Excuse me, you can't take your dog into the restaurant". At that point I believe you spoke with one of my colleagues, while I went back to serving the customer I was dealing with, so again, my apologies if it wasn't at that point handled to your satisfaction.

Yes, our dog, Holly, was sitting happily ensconced by the bar and your dog would have been welcome to do the same thing. While we could not offer you a table to dine with your dog, we could certainly offer you a table in the restaurant (if your dog could wait in the car), or a drink at the bar with your dogs.

Sorry to hear you won'tr try us again. As you will hopefully see from the other reviews we are generally regarded as very friendly and a great place to eat.

Best wishes,
Owen
Owner/Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Fantastic pub. Gastro pub style menu but caters for kids. We visited twice for dinner whilst on our honeymoon, the food was flawless, the beef was outstanding, great pub with a modern feel. Great location, very friendly staff. The chefs are outstanding and clearly know how to cook good food. Be warned- as a sign by the door says, if you are expecting pub grub (i.e. fish and chips) this is not the place for you, that said the menu is varied and interesting and we would highly recommend a visit to our friends. Unusual take on classic dishes. Dinner for 2 could be viewed as pricey but we through it was worth it, lunch is very reasonably priced