“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #13 of 29 Aviemore B&B and Inns
Scotland
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great B&B. Well appointed room, immaculately clean. Nice touch to provide soap and shampoo dispenser in shower - which was good and easy to use and good quality towels are supplied. Warm, comfortable, quiet room with great hosts. Great breakfast. Very impressed with the effort that has gone into making this B&B of such a high standard. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robbiejh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Pat and Alan were so friendly, welcoming and helpful. My fiancé and I really enjoyed our 2 night stay here. Our room was bright, airy, quiet, and very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was more than adequate. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again and would thoroughly recommend the accommodation to anyone looking to stay in Aviemore. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not a bad word to say about this place, super friendly hosts, clean, comfortable room and a mahoosive three course breakfast that invited overeating. I waddled off a full and happy customer. Like a couple of other repeat visitors I met there, I'd choose Eriskay for a return trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife , and I , and our dog stayed here for bed and breakfast in April - and were delighted with the accommodation , the welcome we received , and the breakfast ! Altogether excellent value for money - and I would thoroughly recommend this Guest House to anyone!

Room Tip: Room No. 1 is a family room - and had ample room for our dog as well as ourselves
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We decided to try a garden pod for our four nights up in Aviemore this easter - we usually take the parents camper but it is not available until end of April and this was cheaper than the hotels up there.

I read reviews on this website first and it convinced me that a pod and Glamping was the way to go and mailed Eriskay to book our holiday including brekkie. I was pleased to discover that there was availability for the time we wanted so went ahead and booked. It is 50 pounds per night for the pod same price as a normal room in their b & b and an extra fiver each for a cooked breakfast so we went for that too making it 60 per night for the both of us. The breakfast is brought out to the pod on a tray and there are small tables so you can sit on the bed and eat breakfast.

We found the house easily it is just past Aviemore town centre driving in from the south end and up a residential street up a cul de sac. My partners first response was they are a bit small!

We met Pat the owner and she showed us to our pod. It was surprisingly roomy inside with wood finishings and dimmer spot lighting. There is a tv with built in dvd player and a pod hifi, a small fridge big enough for the wine and a pint of milk was inside already. There is a kettle and a hairdryer too. The toilet is a bit on the neat side so agree that it is not suitable for larger people which is what I read before we booked. The toilet is also a wet room as the shower is also fitted inside so that took a couple of shots to get used to but once I figured out the hot water from the shower it was great. Tip for a warm shower switch the right hand temp dial on first and not too far just in the first third and then switch on the shower with the left dial again not too far just until you get the shower water flowing and leave it for a couple of mins to heat up and you should be fine!

After spending four nights in the pod I really like them it is a bed room with an ensuite shower with a few extras. It also has a wardrobe and drawers and shelves and coat hooks at the side of the loo door so plenty places to put stuff.

It is a bit compact when two of us are getting ready but we are used to a camper and similar style of living at a good price.

The bed was a double bed which can be adjusted to a twin bed too upon request and the mattress was very comfortable and it was quiet during the night so once used to our new surroundings I had a good nights sleep.

You also get fresh towels every day and I would always put a towel down on the floor after having my shower to let the room dry a bit quicker before my partner when in and that worked for us. There are also a couple of wine glasses a couple of tea mugs and a couple of other glasses two small plates and some cutlery provided. We had a chinese take away one night and managed fine but you can not cook in the pod they have a separate area for that in the middle of the four pods for bbq cooking.

I would recommend it and would definately try it again!

Room Tip: Choose a pod if you like your own private space and just tweak the shower like I said above and you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in one of the Pods and found it comfortable, clean and surprisingly warm. The pods have a small loo and a welcome hot shower unit. They are nicely no frills, but had sharp attention to detail like wine glasses on coasters, towels, plates and cutlery, milk in the fridge etc etc. One small note would be the low Wi-Fi strength from the main B&B. It is nice to get away from the internet for a few days, but it's also nice to be able to check the news or your emails at night in your comfy bed. Pat was really nice about it and let me check my accounts from the B&B though. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Arrived at about 10 pm at Eriskay b&b and was welcomed by Pat.
We stayed in one of the eco pods which was very comfortable clean and warm with everything you need Breakfast was excellent brought to our pod in the morning had a great stay would recommend to everyone

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple