“Very Tasty”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Food was very tasty and the staff are very attentive. There is a good choice on the menu with all the usual favourites.

There are newer reviews for Spice of India

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went here with a bit of doubt in my mind. Doesn't look much from the outside but don't let looks fool you. Delicious food with very friendly service!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I chose this restaurant due to all the reviews on Trip Advisor. I now think that the good ones have been written by the staff. I ordered lamb tikka for main course after the menu promised it would be tender after having been marinated for 12 hours. It was not tender at all. It was like leather. I couldn't even cut through the pieces. My husband tried it and agreed that it was not tender. I told the waiter and he didn't even apologise. He asked what I wanted to do about it. I asked for chicken tikka which was tender but to the extent that some pieces looked raw. I didn't eat those bits. My husband didn't enjoy his dish either (very bland and he chose a very spicy dish) but I have to say that my sons (5 & 7) did like their chicken korma. It is also a shame that the bill came to £86. Quite pricey especially as it was so unpleasant.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Popped in to the Spice of India whilst staying at the youth hostel - the food was delicious (a high recommendation from someone who cut their "curry teeth" in Glasgow), the service was excellent & the pricing was reasonable.
Would we go there again - absolutely !

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had dinner here. Indian tends to be greasy and this is one of them. Spicing is not great and it feels as if they use bought stuff such as curry paste and frozen veggies.
We also felt overly observed by a waiter constantly checking on us- they did not have many customers when we were there but that does not mean they can visit us a lot.
Different from bread and potato based diet but that is as much as I can say about this place.