“Great trip”
Review of TreeZone Aviemore

TreeZone Aviemore
Ranked #6 of 47 things to do in Aviemore
More attraction details
Owner description: High in the trees at Rothiemurchus, TreeZone is the ultimate Aerial Adventure Course.Zip wires, balance beams, hanging platforms, tightropes, scramble nets, white-knuckle bridges and gap jumps are set in the ancient Caledonian Pines of the Cairngorm Mountains. TreeZone is an unforgettable activity for adventurers of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I visited with my 10 year old son. The facility was impressive and well run. We had not realised that there were two high wire courses.

After having completed the first one you were given the option of the more advanced course.

Both were an excellent experience. The second course finished with a zip wire ride.

Good fun.

"obstacle course"
in 8 reviews
"year olds"
in 9 reviews
"staff were helpful and friendly"
"all ages"
in 9 reviews
"whole family"
in 4 reviews
"excellent value for money"
"well worth the money"
in 33 reviews
in 33 reviews
in 19 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 25 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We (4 of us between 25 and 41!) went on a rainy Monday on a whim. We booked online a couple of hours in advance. Upon arrival we were welcomed by the staff and quickly harnessed up, given a quick (but thorough) safety briefing and off we went. We did the smaller course first (which proved enough for me!) and then my friends moved onto the higher and longer Buzzard course.
The staff were helpful and friendly and I was gently encouraged by one of them (didn't catch his name) along some scary bits.
The whole thing was great, I only wish I had more of a head for heights and was brave enough to take on the Buzzard course! Instead of going round I watched my fiancé and his friends complete the course, all of them beaten round by a few fearless 7 year olds. Great fun for all ages :) I shall go back (but as a spectator next time!)

1  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Booked three children (14, 13 and 11) in our party onto the course on a cold February day - after a safety briefing the kids zoomed round the lower course before embarking on the higher course under the watchful eye of the 3 staff. My 14 year old got stuck and fearful and one of the staff spent 10 minutes coaching her on what to do, she was on cloud 9 after completing the course so there is no doubt in my mind that these guys are not just there for safety but to help younger/less confident people achieve something they never thought they could do. Worth every penny from that point of view. They are prepared to (and probably love to?) leap up the trees when required as my 11 year old couldn't get his safety harness to turn round a corner and he was getting quite frustrated and annoyed at this. Again, patient instruction and a calm manner helped him out.

There's no doubt the zip wire at the end was a highlight for the three kids!

This is not a cheap activity - which was why we didn't all take part - but after being there I think the cost is merited if its for the salary for these instructors!

I would suggest an off-peak or family group discount of some kind, I think it might result in more sales - in our case it would have.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Fast but efficient safety brief and instruction from friendly staff.
Best fun I've had in a long while.
Youngest in our party was 8, oldest was 48.
Tricky and hard work at times whilst up 40ft, made doubly tricky by the snow.
Our Ozzy friends said it was terrific with a brilliant finale which was zip sliding in heavy snow.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Having walked passed Treezone many times on our holidays to Aviemore and being nagged by our daughter to have a go, we finally caved in last week and booked her a session. She absolutely loved it. The staff were really friendly and very helpfull. They watched her from a distance, letting her correct her own mistakes and assisting when neccessary, which was perfect. The activity was challenging and well worth the money. The zip line at the end finoshes it off perfectly.We had the added bonus of watching an otter amble passed us on the way to the river whilst there. Would recommened this for anyone to try.

1  Thank Maggie P