We stayed at this hotel on 9th May 2012 for 1 night. The hotel is lovely and we had a standard double room which was lovely. The bed was huge. The only issue we had was with breakfast. We waited at least 20 minutes for a table yet there was loads of empty dirty tables which had not been cleaned. To me this was absolutely ridiculous. We have stayed here before and its always the same problem with breakfast which is letting the whole hotel down. Surely if the hotel is full you would lay on more staff. Or you would think so anyway. Nope not here. And worse still when my partner went to get his hot breakfast he had to help himself to a fried egg as no chef was to be seen. Bit of a let down this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands