Hotel was okay, not very clear on where the main reception was in the Highland Hotel ... poorly light at night as we arrived after 7pm .... a huge tree in front of hotel stops anyone at night seeing where to go ....
Receptionist upon arrival advised problems with the keycards and maintenance guy was coming to fix .... waited with 2 sleeping kids and wife in reception .. after 20 mins I asked her what was happening she said ... sorry the guy has fixed it for you so you can now go unto your room .. even tho she saw us standing there, chose to not say anything and let us wait around ....
£4 per child for the soft play area is a bit of a rip off to be honest .. so we refused to pay that.
We were also not advised what was included with the DBB option we had taken .. so we had to ask ourselves .....
Giovanni's restaurant was very nice, service, staff and food was great.
Overall I gave this a 3 outta 5, could of been better if our start to the hotel was not interrupted by the rude receptionist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands