We used the Macdonald Highlands Hotel as a base on a recent 2 day skiing trip to Cairn Gorm ski area and found it to be perfectly adequate. As other reviewers have said the hotel is undergoing refurbishment at the moment but it caused us no inconvenience or annoyance whatsoever. Yes there was plastic on some of the carpets on the stairway and yes we did see workmen knocking about, but so what? Our room had not been refurbished yet as evidenced by the yucky decor but everything was clean and in order, and the daily visits from housekeeping left nothing to be desired. All the staff were very friendly including housekeeping, reception and dining room staff.The breakfast was excellent... good food and efficient, friendly service. Do be warned there is a dress code at Aspects restaurant in the evening which meant we had to give it a miss as we neglected to bring anything other than casual attire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands