My family and I are just back from a stay at the Highlands Hotel in Aviemore which we have used a few times now and have always been impressed with the facilities and standard of room we have had , this particular stay was not any different.
Right from checking in with Katrin to checking out with Gordon and Gina the friendliness and warmth of the staff was very evident and they all seemed to have a smile on their face which is re-assuring when staying at a hotel as it gives the impression that they are happy and content with what they are doing. Our room was an executive family one which was very comfortable with a large bed and two singles for the children and a large bathroom with good sized bath ( excellent for a soak after a day on the slopes). We were also just along from the leisure centre which we used in the morning before breakfast to shake off any stiff joints from the previous days exertions.The fitness suite I am told by my wife was also state of the art with plenty of equipment and machines for a right good workout.
The food in Giovanni's was as tasty as ever with our two children eating from the fairly extensive kids buffet ( not just sausage and burgers on offer). After that we went to the family entertainment in the Peregrine Suite which is just above the main reception and was a mix of young childrens interactive games and a Broadway presentation which was very well attended by all ages.
Another touch which I was delighted with was a bottle of chilled white wine in an ice bucket left in our room for us which we were not expecting but appreciated greatly. We are members of their loyalty club and have stayed at the Aviemore resort three or four times in the last year and this is maybe a little thank you for being loyal customers.
Top of the Pops is how we would describe our stay at the Highlands Hotel with a big pat on the back to all staff who we met.
Very soon we are off to the Alps for a wee skiing holiday but hopefully will be back to the Highlands Hotel for another enjoyable stay and some skiing before the season ends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands