“Recommend a visit”

Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Scottish, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Active Cafaidh (Gaelic for Cafe) is the unique place in Aviemore to meet, eat & relax. Experience a friendly relaxed atmosphere and outstanding mountain views. Our food is all freshly prepared using the finest quality Scottish produce. Menu options include delicious savoury crepes, venison burgers, daring omelettes and hearty mountain platters with fresh soups prepared daily and superb coffee & home baking. We always have selections for people with special diets. Take time to browse our bookshop and Scottish music collection. The cafaidh has free Wi-Fi and 2 public access computers. We are available for private functions and are fully licensed offering a range of drinks including local beers, whisky cocktails & wines.Relax and enjoy the Active Cafaidh experience!
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Never used Active cafe until a couple of years ago and now it's my first port of call before and after a hard days outdoor activity. The staff are friendly, very helpful, nothing is too much bother for them and the place is kept clean. But, most importantly the food is awesome, especially the cakes. I deferent lay recommend to my friends and family. That when they are looking for something to eat or just a coffee when in Aviemore the first place to go is Active Cafaidh.

Active A, Manager at Active Cafaidh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thankyou for your kind review of our Cafaidh, we look forward to your next vivit

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Love this place. I always make sure I go back when I visit Aviemore as I know I'm guaranteed a fantastic coffee, cake or lunch - the food is properly excellent after outdoor pursuits - as well as great service from a friendly team. Last time we went there was a photography exhibition as well, so we stayed for ages and enjoyed the views inside and out! The sofa was so comfy we could have stayed all day. Highly recommend the coffee and walnut cake!

Management response:Responded 10 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Active Cafaidh. It is always our aim to give all of our customers the same experience ,

Craig Weir
Cafaidh Senior

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Brilliant place for food and drink - not seen it too busy purely because it is a little away from the centre of Aviemore. Well worth the trip. Sandwiches have to be seen to be believed!! Try a bacon or sausage door stop. Lovely seating area, books and magazines and such friendly and helpful staff. With the shop downstairs all staff are a wealth of local information for walks etc.

Active A, Manager at Active Cafaidh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Cafaidh and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 23 October 2013

It's not often up I'm north but when I do venture up this way I always head along to the Active Cafe. Smiling staff who can't do enough for you, a great range of lovely food, freshly prepared, and a warm, comfortable atmosphere to enjoy it in with spectacular views :-) Always a delight to eat here, I never miss it - highly recommended! Best cafe in Aviemore :-)

Thank you for taking time to review our fantastic Cafaidh and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Amazing home cooked breakfasts and cakes to die for! It set us up so well for our busy day that we had to go back for some cake later on! The staff were lovely, so attentive and the girl I spoke to gave me heaps of tips on fun things to do in the area! The food had a real Highland flavour to it and the atmosphere was cosy and relaxed! I will be back soon and bringing friends!!

Active A, Manager at Active Cafaidh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Cafaidh, your kind comments are always welcomed
and we look forward to your next visit,