“Excellent Service”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Aviemore
Overland Park, Kansas
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This hotel is excellent and ever so helpful. I arrived not feeling well and they immediately got me a phone number for their medical service. This service is unreal and I was taken care of immediately. The front desk staff was so wonderful and thoughtful as well as the management staff, who checked on me the next day to make sure all was okay. The room I chose was not the best for my family, but none the less very comfortable and I would imagine the double double were quite comfortable too. The restaurant was very good and the front desk staff made our reservations for us, so we did not have to bother. I wish we would of had more time to stay here as the entertainment in the lobby bar was very good also. This is a big ski resort hotel and during the summer is big in other tourist coverage as well. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, as the staff was so excellent and really made you feel like an individual and not just another customer walking through the door.

Room Tip: Family room is great for family of four
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2011

had a four night stay here and we had a great time. hotel was very quiet which was great as service was excellent. apparently in school hols its mayhem. my husband and 3 year old had pool to themselves every morning. food was average in dining room but edible. had dinner in bistro last evening and it was delicious. rooms were spottless and if i had to be picky it would just be to say beds were a bit on the hard side for me. excellent base for family holiday in aviemore. will def go back.

ayrshire
Reviewed 6 May 2011

As previous posts have said, this is a great place for families but not for a romantic break with a partner! We went to escape Royal Wedding mayhem and the beautiful weekend weather showed aviemore at its best.
I liked this hotel but dont think it does itself any favours, the food is actually good but is presented on the kind of small dinner plates you would find in a service station. Nice plates and good linen would make a huge difference! The kids buffet is a great idea, and yes there is lots of chips burgers hot dogs etc, but also pasta, cold meat, roasts, vegetables, salads and breads. Our children really loved it and, for picky eaters, was ideal.
The funhouse is good but charges apply and overall the hotel is very child friendly.
As already stated, for some bizarre reason the pool is adult only between 5 and 6.30. Whoever made this up obviously has no idea about small children!
Good enough hotel, but dont expect to feel like you're "treating" yourself.

3 Thank smorg65
HiltonCath, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you for your very positive comments regarding your stay at Hilton Coylumbridge, and do hope that you make a return visit to us in the future.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Had read mixed reviews for the hotel. The hotel isn't claiming to be a boutique hotel it is a family resort and is very good at what it does. The family rooms were great with bunk beds and TV in a separate room to Mum and Dad. The room was spotless and the bathroom large enough for a family of four. We found all of the staff to be helpful and friendly and wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend to other families.

The weather was very hot outside and the temperature inside the hotel was equally cold, there was no way to control the temperature within the room. The windows opeded but we were above the hotel air conditioning units and it was too noisey to leave them open for any length of time.

glasgow
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I booked the wrong room(my fault) on the basis of no 'refund no changes',central reservations refused to move,phoned hotel,duncan in reservations sorted it out (exellent service).I think that keeping the style and reception layout of hotel is a fantastic idea,very 60's retro feel to it.Check-in service very polite and efficient.Rooms are ok,double bed on small side as is bathroom but everything clean and and tidy but no fridge.had meal in hotel 1st night it was average but service from dinning room staff was again excellent..breakfast, there is anything you could want though you may have to queue to be seated as we did as the hotel was full.Ate in 'old brigde inn' on 2nd night and would recommend.had lunch at 'the winking owl' for lunch also got thumbs up but went into 'pappa docs' they wont see my money again.Back to hotel,it was absolutely bouncing with kids (not a criticism) so if your looking for a laid back few days away think again,but overall enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Hilton Coylumbridge and was pleased to read that the issues concerning your initial reservation were dealt with efficiently. We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.
Scotland
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I have just stayed in this hotel on a short family break. The hotel was most definitely geared to young families so suited us down to a T.

We had booked a family suite which was ideal as we had a room for the children and meant they could get a good nights sleep without being disturbed by us and also meant we were able to watch TV etc without any problem.

The service was excellent and the staff could not be more helpful, there was also plenty of things for the children to do, i.e. soft play area, outdoor play park, swimming pool and games room.

We needed food warmed through for younger children and this was not a problem.

There were only a few draw back that I must comment on, the swimming pool was adults only between 5 and 6.30 which would have been an ideal time to take children and I felt this was slightly unfair, especially as 2 of the 3 nights I stayed there were no adults in the pool during this time. Also the restaurant only started serving dinner at 6 which was too late for younger children. You could however get kids meals from the bar area, which was good but then just resulted in 2 dining times which wasn't ideal, anyone with young children will know that having to get them to sit for 2 meals isn't the easiest thing to do. However in saying that for older children the 'kids buffet' was excellent and there were different choices each night.

Again with regard the food the breakfast was brilliant and filled us up for the whole day however the evening meals were not great. It was not food I would have been happy to pay for in a restaurant, in fact I think I would have complained.

One last thing, I read in another review that someone complained about the generator noise, yes there was noise but to be honest it didn't once bother us or keep us or the children awake and we kept the window opened all night as it was so warm so don't let that put you off.

All in all I think it is a great place to stay with families, I wouldn't however go with just myself and my husband or recommend it to a couple etc and with all Hilton hotels some aspects are overpriced but I knew that before I went so wasn't at all surprised.

glasgow
Reviewed 27 April 2011

we stayed here for 3 nights over easter, the room was ok but the bathroom had mould up the tiles and was a bit disguisting. there were curly dark hairs all over the bathroom floor which was a bit disguisting. the beds are very hard and both my husband and i were in agony because of this. the entertainment was lame the dj on the friday night was rubbish and the equipment had very bad sound quality. the second night wasn't much better. there are not enough staff and the staff who are here are mostly foreign, and don't speak very good english. all staff have a very noncholant attitude and really are not very helpful. the dinner menu didn't change for the 3 nights therefore by the third night you were bored with choice. felt as if the restaurant staff were rushing you with dinner which doesn't make for a relaxed dinner. on the sunday night we were given the dessert menu and 30 seconds later asked what we wanted, when we asked for more time the waiter was openly displeased at this. i know the hotel can't help the clientelle that they have staying but on the saturday night there was a group of travellers who were taking over and bullying other children and the men looking for a fight, on the sunday night there was an elderly gentleman with a thai escort and not a lot of clothes on walking about you don't expect to see this in a "family hotel". the drinks are way overpriced as is everything else in this hotel. the pool was ok but nothing special. the spa is extremely good however. the childrens activity club was chaotic and nobody had a clue what they were doing. this was our first and last visit to this hotel don't waste your money!

2 Thank geri1Glasgow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aviemore
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
Nethybridge Hotel
Nethybridge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Nethy Bridge
Macdonald Morlich Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort

Been to Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!