We just returned from our 4 night Hogmanay break in Scotland. The hotel and its staff are lovely.
There is so much to do there that we felt spoilt for choice at times, especially given the high quality of entertainment throughout the festive period. (Ceilidh dancing, Piper band, Clay pigeon shooting, to name a few)
Cuisine was fantastic with very wide range of choices to satisfy our tastes. Gala buffet dinner on New Year's day took our breath away (amazing choice of meals! I had 2 desserts as I simply couldn't chose one). There was an ice sculpture above the seafood platters and band playing music provided a very relaxed dining experience.
I do believe we put on some weight as food was simply impossible to resist!
There were both healthy and more indulgent meal options (but we gave in to the temptation as this is what holidays are about). The atmosphere in the hotel was very friendly and there were many families with children, who were very well looked after and enjoyed their stay just as much as we did. A couple we sat next to during New Year's Gala dinner returned to the hotel fifth year in a row together with their friends and children. I do believe this is what gives this hotel such a relaxing and friendly atmosphere, as people often come back after their initial stay.
We also had a great experience with a School of Snowsports, who were very accommodating given the adverse weather conditions. We took a dry slope lesson after a couple of skiing lessons cancellations (due to adverse weather) and we were lucky to join a skiing class on our last day there. The staff in the School of Snowsports were nice and very friendly. There is a great selection of equipment + clothes to buy or hire (I didn't have a weatherproof jacket and jacket hire was less than £10/day) also the teaching was of a very high quality and a good fun too.
All in all this was a great place to spend holidays in and we will certainly come back again.
Big thanks to all the staff who made our stay special by working hard during holidays. It was very much appreciated! Many thanks again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland