Six of us had taken advantage of an offer that was advertised online. We were there overnight for the weekend of 3rd/4th May.
We arrived at 2.30 and the very friendly lady on reception quickly dealt with us and the two dogs and our rooms were all ready for us, although we had been prepared for a wait as we were early.
The public areas are very smart and the rooms, although a little "tired" are quite comfortable, clean, and have adequate facilities. We had booked dinner in the Inverdruie restaurant for 8pm and were greeted and shown to our table, settled down with menus and drinks orders were taken.
We had previously studied the menu online and were ready to order. The selection of dishes is very good and we mostly ordered different dishes to compare. The standard of food was really excellent and we all enjoyed our choices, although we all agreed that the food could have been warmer. We should have lingered in the restaurant and had coffee, but we thought we would go to the bar and enjoy coffee and a dram. This turned out to be a mistake as we couldn't get coffee in the bar and the Costa closes at 10. Oh well, off to bed!
The next morning after an early swim, we assembled for breakfast and joined the short queue at the restaurant. We were soon sorted and shown to a table, the waitress explained the system and we all went off to the huge buffet. If you couldn't find something there to suit you would be very very picky indeed. I am a sausage buff, and am usually critical of the ones found in chain hotels, but these were very good. The only thing that we all commented about was the fact that the food was again not very hot.
To sum up, we had one or two niggles that we reported on the assessment form, but nothing that would prevent us from returning to this hotel.
One special point, every member of staff that we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful, a good sign that they have been well trained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland