“Lovely hotel”

Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Aviemore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

On arrival myself and my husband were greeted warmly at reception. Our room was of a good standard and nice and clean. Dinner service was also good but whilst at dinner i did find myself thinking where am i Scotland or Europe?, as since arriving at the hotel i had not met any scottish members of staff, this i find very sad. A hotel in Scotland set in the beautiful scottish landscape. I would have expected to at least met one member of staff that was scottish. Puting that aside i would probably go back to the hotel as it was perfectly situated not far from the cairngorm mountains and Loch Morlich. Also not too far from the centre of Aviemore where you can take a step back in time and take a trip on a steam train complete with its very own 'fat contoller'.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anniemac S
HiltonCoylumbridge, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Hilton Coylumbridge. As an international hotel brand we offer employment to staff from around the world, as do many other major hotel chains, so can make no apologies for this. We are very proud of our international staff as as we often have guests from all over the world this can only enhance what we offer our guests.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,097)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Another lovely time at this family hotel. There are so many places to visit in the area and at this time the RSPB site at Loch Garten promises a special viewing of the ospreys. The hotel is very comfortable and relaxing and the staff are exceptionally kind and helpful. Breakfast is very good but the dinner menu needs changing. It was the same as our last three visits and some were unappetising. Otherwise no complaints and we will be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olive R

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay at Hilton Coylumbridge. Your comments concerning the menu have been passed to our Food and Beverage team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the start of this week following my illness. Just what the Dr ordered. Staff were outstanding at all times from the moment we arrived till the minute we left. Room was great, food was lovely and the music was a great extra as it give a lovely end to our night. Breakfast was fantastic, there was ample choice for all. Great stay and we will certainly be back. In this day and age we are very quick to complain but not always as good at saying well done. Thank you. Maria & Stephen Colquhoun.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Mr & Mrs Colquhoun, thank you for your lovely comments on your recent stay at Hilton Coylumbridge and do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Another Hilton that needs knocked down the rooms are appalling and can only of been renovated in the 1960’s. When I booked at almost £400 per night I asked twelve times now you are sure this is one of the renovated rooms yes yes sir to my disbelief it wasn’t.

I really will never stay in this dump ever again.

If you want to spend New Year in a Jerry Springer show then this is a must for you.

I did complain and ask why to the management at the time who didn’t give a monkeys.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Simon D
HiltonCoylumbridge, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review and would be obliged if you could contact me directly and advise what date(s) you stayed with us and the issues you experienced so that I may look into these for you.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here loads when our own kids were small. Returned with our two Grandsons at the weekend and felt it had gone down hill drastically. Kids pool was not in use, outdoor adventure was poor and not suitable for all ages, indoor play was fine however, a lot of the machines in the amusement were broken. Advertised as dog friendly which it certainly wasn't. What they mean is that they let you keep your dog in the room but all other areas are out of bounds. Wouldn't take my dog again as I felt really sorry for him. I would rather Hilton were honest and say they are not dog friendly than pretend to be something that they are not. Room was ok, nothing special and certainly not the standard of Radisson. Staff were very friendly and helpful and food was good but unfortunately it didn't make up for all the things promised on their website that we didn't experience. We felt it was falsely advertised. Would probably go to McDonald's next time we are in Aviemore. Sorry Hilton but you don't get our vote on this occasion :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Hilton Coylumbridge and was sorry to read of your disappointment on this occasion. Concerning our Pet Policy, we have to take into consideration all of our guests as we have had unpleasant incidences concerning dogs in the past. Our Pet Policy is available on our web site so that guests udnerstand what we do and do not allow and, where we are notified that a pet will be travelling with a guest, this is emailed out prior to arrival. Although I am unabl;e toa scertain what dates you were with us we did have a major problem with our pool which resulted in the children's pool being closed for a few days although the adult pool remained open. You do not mention is you visited our Fun House which offers soft play, indoor golf and an arcade which is very popular with our younger guests.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Room was unbearably hot!! I thought at one point during the second night I would have to go outside but resorted to a cold shower to try and cool down. Room was very clean but also small and being under 5ft I don’t think that even I could have lay down in the bath if I wanted to. One of the wardrobes had a lack of function due to safe being in the way it didn’t open. For being a “Hilton” hotel, I don’t think it did live up to the name definitely not up to standard as other Hilton hotels. Hotel is definitely in need of refurbishment in parts. We did not eat here the second night due to wine being outrageously priced and very restricted menu. The woodshed bar was the highlight for me with some live acoustic music and great atmosphere. All staff were very pleasant and polite. Extensive breakfast choices, I don’t think you could ask for more. I would like to see this hotel have a bit of TLC then I’d consider a return visit, stunning surroundings and has potential to be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view or you'll be looking at the car park.