Stayed for 2nd time at Hilton Coylumbridge and in answer to being accused of lying by the Guest relations manager comment from our last review - the Inverdruie restaurant was most definitely shut - 22nd Jan! Couldn't re-review until months after we stayed this time!!
This stay was better in some ways as we booked a suite which was fairly recently refurbished and worth the extra money compared to the tiny and old 4'6 double we had last time. The restaurant food was good (but see below) and the staff too with a special mention for Anca and Kahlir (apologies if spelt wrong) who were excellent.
On the down side the wrong food was delivered on the first night and we were then also charged extra for food we didn't have, the coffee prices vary throughout the hotel and you get charged a different amount to that written in the menu anyway (but both extra charges were removed on querying). 2nd night our food was delivered to another table. It was good food, just like it to be in front of me!
The menu is small and good, but frequently 1-2 items were not available. As it's a small menu it should all be there - or do a special (for a bit of variety).
Breakfast is plentiful but again brown bread ran out and there was none in the hotel on a couple of mornings.
As a family hotel, kids are expected, but there should also be adult only areas (e.g. The bar and part of the restaurant) and times - kids meal times seem to be all night and all over the restaurant, foyer eating area and the bar. The toilets and urinals in the foyer are also very low - all of them!
The suite had an interconnecting door to the next door room and you can hear absolutely everything through it (both ways).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland