Enjoyed a 4 night stay at this hotel. Booked the dinner bed and breakfast deal and our 5 year old son could eat free.
was good and much cheaper than other options we looked at from self-catering holidays. Staff were very friendly and helpful apart from one guy who didn't look like he wanted to be there, but this did not spoil our stay.
was nice and the beds were comfy. Some noise from other rooms, but not bad, as when checking out the facilities this hotel is aimed at young families so there are a few kids around.
From reading other reviews of this Hotel some people have complained about the hotel being dated, busy with kids and having to queue for breakfast and dinner. I think this is a bit unfair as you get what you pay for and more. If you're looking for luxury and fancy finishes this is not the place to go. Saying that it is far from Haven or Butlins style holidays and it is much cleaner and better kept.
was good and had alot to choose from, soups/ salads/ pizza, pasta, puddings and ice-cream. We used the main dinning hall area where all food, not drinks, (except water) was included in the price. There is an option to use other dinning areas with a £16 allowance but this only pays for one main meal as the menus are expensive. All dinning must be booked and we recommend you pre-book dinner before arriving a couple of days in advance. Times from 17:30-21:00. The problem we found with using this service was we had to cut our days out short to be back in time for dinner. We tried using the Foyer area where booking is not required, but it would have taken over 1 hour to be served, so went to Aviemore for dinner. Breakfast is served 7:30-10:00. 9-10am seemed to be the busiest times, so worth getting up a bit earlier.
were good and more to do when the weather is dry. Play park is a good size for small children and there is a tennis/ basket ball court. The Outdoor Zone is not bad but only kept our Son occupied for half a hour. Swimming pool is small but a good enough size for kids to have fun with a separate swimmers pool. Our son enjoyed the swimming the most with no need to book, just turn up apart for adult only swimming from 5-6:30pm. Changing rooms however are very small with no family changing options only male and female changing areas. Can be a bit awkward when it gets busy as there is only one bench in the male changing room. Our son enjoyed the Fun House arcade, putting and pool table. Rates are reduced for residents of the Hotel.
Things to do:
outside of the Hotel grounds were good. We visited Landmark which we spent the whole day at. The Funicular railway is very over priced and would not recommend a young child to go as there is not alot to do. If adults are going walking or to take photographs it's fine and maybe better during the snowy season but young kids might find it boring. Horse riding at Carrbridge pony trekking was good and reasonably priced. The local Rothimurcus site would only do a small trek for children under 8 yrs old so we opted for the longer more value for money Carrbridge option. Grass sledging near Loch Morlich was fun as was the Loch on a nice day.
Loch Ness visitor centre was good but a hour drive from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland