“Introduction to Winterwalking” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cairngorm Adventure Guides

Cairngorm Adventure Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountaineering, canoeing and adventure holidays in Aviemore and Scotland.,Specialising in rock climbing, abseiling, hill walking and ridge scrambling, winter mountaineering, winter skills, ice climbing, ski touring and canoeing. We are highly qualified and experienced guides who know the area well. We cater for all levels of abilities and aspirations, including individuals, families, stag & hen parties, university mountaineering clubs and hill walking clubs.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Introduction to Winterwalking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having never done any winter walking before I wasn't sure quite what to expect. Once Liam turned up he instantly put my at ease. His friendly, laid back personality made him really easy to get on with and made him very approachable. After the introductions were over it instantly became apparent that he really knew what he was talking about covering what to pack and how to read weather and avalanche reports. Once out on the hill any of the reservations I had left about the day completely vanished. In a group of five, he effortlessly helped us hone our techniques suggesting different things for each of us to work on if we were struggling with a certain aspect. Having spent seven hours out on the hill, I am now more confident in general with all of my outdoor pursuits and feel more confident in myself knowing that I have been more than prepared to cope with almost any situation that may arise whilst out and about. I honestly can not rate the company or the course highly enough. Absolutely phenomenal day.

2 Thank Snowgiant

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Winter skills course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I really had an amazing time in the Cairngorm mountains for 5 days.
Liam is a fantastic person. Really accommodating, he picked us up and dropped us back home every day. He delivered the course in a relaxed and patient manner.
It wasn't just about hiking with someone who knows but he properly took the time to pass on his knowledge and regularly tested us to insure we could then use those skills in a mountain environment and especially during the harsh Scottish winter.

I enjoyed every single bit of it and cannot wait to go back up again!
Couldn't recommend it enough.

Thank you so much!

Seb

2 Thank Sebmk14
London, United Kingdom
“Exemplary guiding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Arranged at short notice, Liam provided a fantastic guiding experience; I can't think of anything he could have done better.

While making arrangements he was prompt and reliable; in preparation he was generous lending the many small bits of kit I didn't have; helpful with local transport; and on the hill expert, reassuring and encouraging. The conditions were truly awful, but Liam picked a route that gave us a decent walk and summiting at the right time in the weather.

Along the way he taught me good winter skills. And proved good company: present and engaging, enjoyable to chat to without feeling awkward or over-bearing as two people who only met that morning.

Will be my first call next time I need help in Aviemore.

1 Thank xandertravel
Bristol
“Excellent Private Guiding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Liam arranged 3 days of guiding for us and we couldn't have asked for better service. From picking us up off the sleeper train to lending us an extra jacket and plenty of pairs of gloves, Liam went out his way to make sure we had a great time despite some tough weather. The guides planned the activities to ensure we got from each day what we wanted and we finished the 3 days having learnt a lot. We'll definitely be using Cairngorm Adventure Guides next time we come back to Aviemore and will recommend them to anyone. Thanks for a great 3 days!

1 Thank BristolBal
Swaffham, United Kingdom
“Winter skills course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I cannot recommend these guys enough!
Had the most amazing time in the Cairngorms and learnt so many skills in such a short space of time. The guides are absolutely brilliant and cant do enough to help you get the most from the course.
The weather was absolutely wild but this made it all the more fun!
Will definitely be using them again in the future!

Visited December 2013