“In a word - OUTSTANDING!”

Stewart Mountain Skills
Ranked #12 of 18 Tours in Aviemore
More attraction details
Owner description: Stewart Mountain Skills provide high quality, professional guiding and instruction in all aspects of mountain skills. We provide a bespoke service and work all across Scotland. Summer Hill walking, fell running, mountaineering, rock climbing and mountain biking. Winter walking, mountaineering, winter climbing and ski touring. From family activities and introductory skills to advanced instruction.
Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“In a word - OUTSTANDING!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just back from a one day pre Summer Mountain Leader Assessment one on one course followed by a two day winter skills course. Fantastically well organised, well thought through, exceptionally well executed and some of the best money I've spent in a very long time.

Ian is truly gifted at teaching, he was able to adapt everything around my own and the group's needs, whilst taking the weather and many other factors all into account.

Not only did I come away feeling I had learnt so much more than I ever thought possible, but I also thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Ian and left with a great respect for someone who is clearly at the very top of his game.

I can highly recommend Ian in all capacities.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TanquerayTim

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tip Top”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Just back from a great trip to the Cairngorms and thoroughly recommend going with these guys. We were able to customise the 2 days to what we wanted, making the most of the vast experience on offer. Alex was a great guide and instructor with a skill of being able to explain climbing concepts simply and clearly. Being last off the mountains both days ensured it was also great value for money. Would definitely use them again!

1 Thank Ryan M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great trip!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Recently did a two day winter skills course with Alex instructing. A really great course covering skills that will be great for allowing us to progress in the hills. The instruction was pitched at the right level and easily understood, would certainly return!

1 Thank JApp05
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Winter Skills Course”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a great weekend with these Stewart Mountain Skills. We were able to create a course which was tailored to our specific learning needs and we were able to cover a huge amount in only 2 days.

Our instructor (Alex) did a great job and I would certainly do a course with him again.

We are all now looking forward now to getting out and putting the skills we learnt into practice.

1 Thank skill77
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I booked two winter climbing weekends with Ian Stewart and was very happy with the courses provided. Ian was very communicative and helpful in the lead-up to the two weekends and was also very flexible with regards to tailoring the courses to specific needs of the group. The Instructor that led the courses (Nathan White) was very knowledgeable and was willing to put 100% effort into making sure everyone in the group got as much climbing done as possible (I'm still amazed its possible to get 4 people up a grade 3 with just one instructor- good skills!) Everyone who attended the courses came away telling me how much they'd learnt and more specifically how much more comfortable they felt with being able to stay safe and make good judgment calls on the hill.

On top of all this the price for the two weekends was very competitive and excellent value for money.

A big thanks from Newcastle University Mountaineering Club!

Will