“Overpriced and very average”
Review of Pizzariach

Pizzariach
Ranked #19 of 63 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza, British
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our fresh to order take-away serves pizza, sides, burgers, pasta dishes and meal deals, we have a small but friendly seating area where you can wait for your meal or eat your take away while watching the chefs prepair your meal in our open plan kitchen. We do our best to cater for all dietary requirements and pride ourselves on Custer service.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our initial impression of the (sit-in) restaurant was positive, and we really wanted to believe the other reviews that commented on how good the pizza was.

Positives:

- Pizzas were large and very filling.
- Service was fine.
- We enjoyed sitting at the counter and getting a good look at the kitchen area.

Negatives:

- Pizzas were very average. I ordered a pepperoni pizza mainly because (according to the menu) they use top-quality pepperoni, however it did not taste at all nice and I found it hard to believe it was of a high standard - you'd taste better on supermarket pizzas. Also the pizzas were deep-dish, but the crust was not that pleasant.
- Food was very expensive for what you were getting. Other reviewers have commented on excellent value for money. I disagree. The menu suggested that a pepperoni pizza would be 9.95 and margarita would be 7.95, which would seem reasonable, however the menu did not clearly state (I cannot recall it being printed anywhere but perhaps I missed it) that the food prices on the menu did not include VAT. When the bill was presented, only at that point did I realise this, which made the pizzas obviously much more expensive and very poor value in comparison to countless other far nicer pizzerias that we've routinely eaten in. I don't think I've ever eaten in a restaurant where the price of the food on the menu was ex-VAT and indeed I was so incensed when I got home that I checked the legality of this. Regardless, it really irritated me - prices should be clearly laid out on the menus in the first place. In total (including the VAT)we paid £30 (including a £3 tip - service was fine) for 2 basic pizzas, 1 garlic bread and 2 soft drinks - I think that is very expensive considering the quality on offer.
- The layout in the kitchen was bizarre. On display were large tins of pre-made pizza sauce...suggesting that they don't make their sauce fresh. Also on display were a large amount of Italian cookery books...suggesting that they needed to refer to them?? If this was all out on display to entice customers back then it had exactly the opposite effect on us.

3  Thank BeakerEdinburgh
There are newer reviews for Pizzariach

Reviewed 2 July 2014

For 12 pound we had a 12" BBQ base pizza, curly fries and homemade coleslaw. It was perfect. Will be back every week.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Fantastic pizza in a relaxed environment. I've visited twice and its been very good both times. Looking forward to my next trip to Aviemore to go back!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Pizza takeaway was very tasty and tasted fresh. Excellent option for home dining when holidaying in the area. Will definitely go back next time I visit aviemore :)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent selection of interesting and standard pizzas. Hand spun dough with generous toppings. Orders are delivered, small dine-in or for pick up. The pizzas were ready within the time given on the phone (15 mins). I would have liked to have seen red pepper or parmesan offered with the pizzas, but no complaints apart from that. For those that do not want pizza, also on offer are chicken wings and chicken strips.