“Lovely family visit. ”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Aviemore
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely family visit. ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a long weekend with family. Lodges were really good. Each bedroom ensuite and generous sized. Some nice supplies left like tea and crisps. The lodge would have benefited from outdoor furniture however to make use of the porch. Also the BBC channels were not existent in the living room and only BBC 1 and 2 were available in the bedrooms way up at channels 410+. One complaint I do have was the behaviour of a young gentleman delivering pizza on Saturday (9th) night to one of the lodges. His blue van was blocking the road so I tooted my horn to see if the van owner would come out of the lodge. He did after a minute and gave us the biggest look if disgust in return. I was fuming. I'd suggest staff park their cars in the ample space provided at the lodges instead of blocking the road. I asked my sister to bring this up with reception when she checked out but I'm unsure if she did.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
General M, Manager at Luxury Woodland Lodges at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Can I please ask you to email me with your lodge number and the date and time you ordered pizza to allow me to investigate further. My email address is Lindsey.randall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Lindsey Randall
Operations Manager

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Lodges very comfortable. Beds however were very uncomfortable in all 3 bedrooms and would benefit from new mattresses, far too soft! Lovely espresso coffee machine with starter pods but unfortunately the shop only had a very small supply of replacement pods and didn't know when they would be getting further supplies. Shop assistant very offhand when I queried this. All other staff in all areas very helpful. Lovely break and our Australian visitors had a great time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Luxury Woodland Lodges at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to write a reivew.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the lodge accommodating for yourself and your party.
Thank you for your comments regarding our staff - I know they will be delighted to hear that they made you feel welcome.

Please note that you comments regarding the shop has been passed on.

We look forward to welcome you back again,

Kintore, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Originally I'd booked rooms at the Highland Hotel at the Aviemore Resort but approximately a week before the trip I'd been advised that the booking had been upgraded to the Lodges. The lodges are exceptionally well appointed and the one we had all the bedrooms had on suite bathrooms. Last time I stayed at the Highlands Hotel (approx 2yrs back) the rooms were exceptionally tired. This time the Lodge was an absolute treat despite having to download instructions on how to use the Nespresso coffess machine and get a new remote for the DVD player... Who needs DVD in such surroundings anyway??

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Luxury Woodland Lodges at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to write a reivew.
I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. It is great that you found the lodges so accomodating for your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We booked 4 lodges for a gathering of friends.

The lodges are spacious and well appointed. My personal bug bears are bed comfort and shower strength. 50-50 here. Incredibly over soft beds but pretty decent shower strength (plus big shower stalls).

The bits that were missing for me were that the lodges had very limited cooking facilities (a 2 ring hob and a microwave) and no outdoor seating.

For a 6 bed property, that's just not up to scratch. Aviemore has plenty going on but sometimes you just want to be a bit of a homebody.

Location wise, the lodges are bang on. They're in the centre of the village with only a 5 minute walk to the likes of the Cairngorm pub and Roos Leap restaurant.

Finally, they are quite expensive. I guess if you split the cost by 6, they're not too bad but I feel they are priced a bit too high for what they are.

Would I stay there again? Probably but I'd be looking for an early deal to get a bargain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JimmyMcFatboyfat
General M, General Manager at Luxury Woodland Lodges at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your resort experience.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was accommodating for your stay.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the facilities available in the lodge - your comments have been taken on board and passed on the relevant departments.

We do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Booked lodges numbers 3 and 4 for six adults and four children 1/6/7/8 - for three nights Friday to Monday - price was excellent for the lodges including breakfast and evening meals - which were all excellent with great and friendly service - aspects/ steak house/ Giovanni's - faultless. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Lodges were warm, clean and beds were very comfortable. We were beside the play park which was great for the kids/ swimming pool was lovely - they even let us in early on the Friday as the lodges were ready . Would highly recommend. Especially as it's in such a beautiful area in Scotland. If I could suggest improvement it would be that there were a few outdoor activities on show but no one was using them - not sure why?

Room Tip: Lodges three and four great for children.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Herbie34
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted to hear that you has such a wonderful stay with us - it is joy to read.
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff, it is something that we work very hard on and I know they will be delighted to hear that they made you feel welcome.

We look forward to welcome you back again.

Perth UK
Reviewed 27 April 2014

These lodges are effectively 3 4* bedrooms with added living accommodation. The master suite was a very generous sized room with king sized bed and the en-suite has both a bath an desperate shower. The two other rooms were a good sized double and a twin room, both with large en-suite shower rooms. The double was upstairs and had a small seating are for 2 people on the landing, there was also a useful storage cupboard for cases etc. downstairs is an open plan kitchen/dining/living area. No oven in the kitchen but there is a combi microwave. Also a toaster and Nespresso coffee machine with a sample pack of pods. There is a dishwasher and tablets were provided for this. There is a log fire and this was set ready to light, with more logs in the shed at the back of the lodge. This was lockable and could also house bikes, skis etc. wi-fi was included and was good enough to stream the Formula 1 live when we were there. Housekeeping came by every morning to see if you wanted anything done and were friendly and helpful when you did. Two of us used the pool and had a good time, at check in you get a card to get towels at the pool. We ate on site and elsewhere in Aviemore. Tescos is a short stroll aware for supplies and the shopping centre on site has a well stocked deli counter. Takeaway Italian can be delivered to your villa from the on site restaurant if required. Red squirrels and rabbits outside most morning was a nice extra. We had a great relaxing break with 2 older teenagers, having 2 keys meant we could do our own thing and meet up later.

Room Tip: The A9 runs not far from the site. If traffic noise bothers you (it's not very loud) ask for a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of the lodge you stayed in.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family and found the resort and lodge accommodating for your stay.
I am glad that you found everything that you needed was available in the lodge and that you had the opportunity to make use of the dining options available on site.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend for a friends hen weekend we had 4 lodges of 6 the beds were comfortable and all had en suites with showers. living area was big ,kitchen was wee but only thing it didn't have was a oven but everything else. Nice pool & spa wiyh gym too nice woodland walks too. Wouldnt recommend the Italian restaurant govannis we booked a meal here and it was very nice we ate it tho needed something to soak up the booze.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank joannebp
General M, General Manager at Luxury Woodland Lodges at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your resort experience.
I am delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay in the lodges.
Thank you for your kind feedback and comments.

We look forward to welcome you back again,