“Friendly cosy cafe”
Review of Glenmore Cafe - CLOSED

Glenmore Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Took my mum here after a walk around the loch and had lovely toasties and hot chocolate.

Great prices and friendly staff. The strudel is delish as well and it was good to see it still on the menu as this is a Glenmore staple.

It was great to see the birds diving in and out of the feeders.

Wish I got the basket of chips cause they looked delicious when another table ordered them!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I visit here every year when hill walking and imagine my delight when I found that they have added a dog friendly bar!! I have always made a point of planning a route that either started with a toasting bacon and egg roll or ended with a yummy cake at this quirky little cafe. Its in a great spot with all year round tourist trade and the most beautiful scenery imaginable. Despite this there is a very dour person in the cafe that spoils it slightly but if you ignore her, its perfect for a relaxing cozy stop off. Its not a smart, trendy restaurant but a casual family friendly, walkers drop in. There's a huge bird feeding area outside the cafe window and red squirrels screech at you from the trees.As long as I can remember the ladies loo has locked with a bit of string and its a mix of shop, cafe, ski hire, and now a bar. This year I planned my route around a mid afternoon drink at the bar with my dog friend. Sun, sore feet and a chilled lager. Fantastic.

1  Thank happywinelover
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Don't be put off on approach, this is a combination of a shop, paint your own pottery, bar and cafe (amongst other things) so its a wee bit confusing when you arrive. The cafe is small but cosy, the selection isn't huge but it was all we needed and reasonably priced, soup, toasties, filled rolls and cake and coffee. All brought out to you pretty quickly.
We sat in a really cute circular seat that jutted out from the side of the building but afforded us a fantastic view of a red squirrel feasting on peanuts in one of the many animal feeders out by the veranda. Its a quirky wee place and definitely memorable. One i would go back to.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

A great cafe with bird feeders on the decking. We even saw Cresties whilst enjoying our coffee and really tasty Apple Strudel!!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

All we wanted was some light refreshments after a day out. Everything seemed to be too much trouble so we promptly left. A very busy weekend if Aviemore, great vibes everywhere, except for here. We wanted to try somewhere new, but a valuable lesson learned...stick with what you know.