“Fantastic”

Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family friendly restaurant/bar serving a wide range of Scottish dishes prepared daily on the premises using the best of Scottish produce,Our chefs are very flexible and more than willing to accommodate any request.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited Ben Macdui's Inn twice in one day.
First my mate and I had a couple of baked tatties for lunch - my mate had the prawn and I had the haggis. We had a nice pint of Somerset cider and got a water bowl for my mates dog. It was a cracking lunch meal and the portion size was massive.
After having a look at the full menu we decided to have supper here as well.
We both went for the mussels for starter, my mate had the mussels in white wine and cream sauce, and I had the mussels in tomato and chorizo. The mussels were fantastic and the portion size was enormous!
My mate went for the steak pie - it was unbelievable how tender and tasty the steak was.
I had the special pork and haggis sausages with mash and veg. The sausages were beautiful, the mash was perfect and the veg brilliant.
The staff were all very friendly and down to earth.
Once we finished supper we moved to the bar and stayed for a good few pints - will definitely visit the next time I'm in Aviemore

2  Thank defendertd5

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Visited almost every afternoon during our holiday in aviemore. The food is some of the best I've ever tasted, fantastic service and real ale.

1  Thank Deanandtot
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nipped in here for a spot of lunch. Ordered toasted sandwiches, came with great bread, salad and friendly staff. Came back a couple of days later for an evening meal, great food and ever friendly staff.

1  Thank bam35
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had dinner here but it was during the soccer world cup.TVs were loud.The food was average simple pub fare at a reasonable price.Nothing fancy.

1  Thank drron
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here on Tuesday good food and atmosphere waiter was very good nothing too much trouble with having a toddler

1  Thank zidan13