“Excellent food and comfortable hotel”

The Rowan Tree Country Hotel Resturant
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow/Scotland
“Excellent food and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I was here for 4 days at the beginning of April. Was staying here as I was skiing in cairngorm. It's a couple of miles outside Aviemore so you would need a car or a taxi from Aviemore. The hotel is a 3 star and would say that was about right. A family run hotel with very pleasant staff and excellent food. The room I had was a single room with a double bed. Was very comfortable although would not be very comfortable for a tall person as had sloping ceilings. Bed was lovely and comfortable and TV was modern with plenty of channels. Had a poor signal for wifi in the room but this was fine in the lounge. Shower in the room was not great but got the job done. Not great for soundproofing from people in the corridor during the day but no noise at night. Lots to do in the surrounding area but not much in the immediate vincinty of the hotel. Lovely place just to chill out. Would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank hayley101

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Wonderful birthday meal”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Went with my husband and daughters for my birthday. Friendly staff, excellent food and a warm atmosphere. I had the pork which was excellent, my daughter had the rib eye, cooked to a perfect medium rare. Desserts were spectacular. Heartily recommend.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Amanda7645
Aviemore, United Kingdom
“amazeballs”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Well my hubby and I decided to go to the Rowan tree,for an early valentines dinner.Have been before,and it was fabulous then,but tonight was superb!!! Recommend the trio of pork,and the creme brulee,absolutely gorgeous!!! feeling really full now,but so contented,WELL DONE Rowan tree staff and owners best resturant around

• Visited February 2014
Aviemore, United Kingdom
“Yummy amazing evening Meal”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Experienced a lovely evening at this restaurant, courteous staff and friendly warm atmosphere. Food presented very well, and all deliciously tasteful.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Fiona H
London, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

What a find on a freezing winter's night in the highlands. Our last night on our Christmas holiday and we were all set for 'whatever we can find' to eat before a long drive back down south prior to the coming of the new year. Driving aimlessly around snowy Aviemore, it appeared that most places had shut up shop to prep for the festivities, so by chance we stopped at The Rowan tree.
We were welcomed in out of the cold and within five minutes we were happily sat around a fire enjoying pre-dinner drinks whilst greedily eyeballing the menu!
This is the best food I have ever been served in a hotel, restaurant, anywhere, in fact. I tip my hat to the chef for what can only be described as a thoroughly incredible dining experience - just the ticket on a family holiday and it finished our winter break in style!

We will be returning.