If you have any special needs re mobility do not expect to get what you have ordered or paid for. After phoning and stating on my booking form that I needed a twin room with a walk in shower for my 80 year old parents. We got a shower over a bath. After contacting reception and waiting over 1 hour and having to contact again we were told there were no twin rooms with a walk in shower available in the entire complex. We were offered a move from 3 star to 4 star but could only offer a double with walk in shower or a twin with a bath. We were asked if my parents could use our walk in shower if they were close enough to us until a room became available (day 3 of our 4 day trip). As we had no other option we agreed. They sent 1 member of staff to help move our luggage for 4 people. When we got to our rooms they were in two seperate parts of the building and too far for my parents to go between the rooms. As it was the hottest July in years it was diabolical that that could not shower in comfort. We were asked would it not be possible for them to shower at the pool! My father had stomach cancer this year and the trip was a treat for him after everything he has been through. In our room the cleaning staff must have left the radiator in the bathroom on(why given the temperature outside) after getting up in the middle of the night I sustained a serious burn to my leg as the radiator is so close to the toilet and I didn't expect it to be on.
After so many complaints to the staff at reception during our stay and 3 room moves for my parents they were not interested and could not give me resolve before leaving. I was offered Â£40 out of a bill for our stay of Â£800 for our inconvenience. After numerous letters to the complex we were offered a discount of 30% off another stay within a year. No chance would we be going back! They think because they moved us from 4 star to 3 star that this compensates us. Had to pay for wifi in 4 free in 3 and bar prices so much more expensive.
Do not go near this hotel if you want good customer service as they obviously can't deliver this (apart from the guy cooking the eggs at breakfast who was a delight).
We go at least 3 times a year to aviemore and stayed in b&bs, chalets and self catering. Been back since but would not give this hotel my money or time of day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland