Walk in to the rundown lobby off or hotel, then the room clean ok beds, good linens , bathroom awfull bath panel hanging off tiles !!! No words , tv was from 1980 too much furniture , kept banging into console with huge tv every time I was passing my bed .
They advertise highland breakfast , but no potato scone, no black pudding, sausages were anemic
The kids facilities were excellent but , start too late in the morning and close to early in the day after 6 pm nothing to do and the room is not styled to relax in you can not see tv from the sofa ,
On the last day was my sons birthday , I supplied a ballon his favorite cereal and asked for it to be brought to our room at 7.45 , I was to pay a fee ! I agreed , at 8.30 I had too phone and ask where it was (ruined the surprise) they brought it with no bowl or spoon ? For the cereal , later in the day I had a cake in and ask for it to be brought out , which they do , but throw the box away ? So that was wasted.
No jacuzzi !!! Broken for 3 months, the changing area was full off puddles and people with shoes walk through making it dirty water, then you come out off pool/shower and have to walk through dirty puddles, not nice
So As I Say Could do better
Proper highland breakfast
Longer hours for childrens activities
And train staff in customer service better
Update the acadamy hotel ,
Good points, great childrens activities when open, good resteraunt choice, friendly staff, great spa and reasonable,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotels of our Macdonald Aviemore Resort are situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands - a magical location. Stay amidst ancient Caledonian pine forests at one of our four distinctive hotels or our luxury woodland lodge accommodation. You'll find the perfect room for your stay in one of our luxurious Scottish Highlands hotels at Aviemore. Our Highlands Hotel offer four-star luxury for all the family along with our newly refurbished Morlich and Aviemore Hotels which are due to open Spring 2015. Choose one of our Luxury Woodland lodges for a stunning escape in the forest surrounding our resort. You'll find everything you need and more at Macdonald Aviemore Resort - luxury brand shopping, 3D cinema viewing, top-class restaurants, our brand new, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. Designed by Dave Thomas, former Ryder Cup player, it features the longest hole in Scotland - a par 5 measuring 635 yards. Are you up for the challenge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotelopia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland