We booked a Santa weekend staying at the Highland Hotel. (6 adults and 6 kids) It's was great with loads to do for the kids. I loved the hotel reception, lovely decor and a lovely log fire. I had planned to spend some time relaxing there, but I never got the time. There was so much on for the kids we just went from one thing to another. They loved all the activities with the elf's and Santa in his log cabin was fantastic.
All staff in the resort were very nice and friendly.
We went to the pool a few times and loved the big slide and waves machine. The water was however a bit on the cold side. The kids also loved the soft play area. The cafe was really nice with lovely food and coffee. Reception staff there were very nice too.
We had dinner twice in the main self service restaurant which was really nice and the third night we went to the Italian restaurant. The food and service was very good although service was a bit slow.
The family entertainment was good and the kids were really enjoying taking part. Drinks in the resort were very expensive.
The only disappointing part of our stay was when everyone was woken up by drunk party goers returned to the hotel at 3 am singing and playing loud music. This went on for quite a while until someone did knock at their door and they did quieten down, I assume it must have been hotel staff.
Apart from that it was a great stay enjoyed by all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland