Overnight stay in Aviemore Inn at the macdonalds resort. Booked the week before at £81, but within 24 hours emails came through with offers of £34 a night. On checking in, The price on the paperwork was £91 including breakfast, so all a bit confusing. I felt this lower price of £34 was a bit more like the true worth of the room. The rooms are very dated and not without their problems. Shower leaked all over the floor, loo roll holder and towel rail both hanging off. Tv was an old chunky style offering just 6 channels. Beds were very soft and there was a lot of movement and when you sat on mattress the head end sank leaving your feet elevated in the air.
The room was warm, which was appreciated given the time if year and the weather we experienced that weekend. But it was hard to keep it controlled, the thermostat wire hung out from the workings, and dangled behind the curtains. Once we tucked the very long curtains up onto the radiator the room thermostat worked perfectly.
Breakfast was a pleasant surprise and very good choice. Served in a pleasant area called Aspects. Excellent service in this area, lots of staff clearing away tables and replenishing food etc.
Dint know if I would rush back at those kind of prices........ Having stayed in newer, more reasonably priced budget hotels recently, that offered more.
Didn't really feel reception staff went out if their way to help. Originally booked Italian restaurant on site, but later having seen the menu, decided there was nothing outstanding in way of choice, so cancelled reservation and went dine into the town for something to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland