Like other hotels in the area there is plenty to do. The pool and gym facilities are first rate although often crowded. If you are after a quiet swim / work out, head down at opening or and hour before closing, there are very few people.
We stayed up in the log cabins at the back of the resort. The overall impression: Fantastic. Several bedrooms through out, wood burning fire and mezzanine floor overlooking the living area and out onto the peaks. Comfortably fit our group without issue.
Staff are great and are happy to help where possible, house keeping are lovely and go out of there way to improve your stay if they can.
Certainly will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland