We are just home from a superb weeks holiday in Aviemore . We did many outdoor activities during that time with the play park and 5 a-side football pitch at the Macdonald Highland resort being a tremendous place for our two lads to let off some steam. We also enjoyed the indoor swimming pool with flume which was a fab way of cooling down as the weather that week was touching 30 deg cel.
There is a new play area with x-box and ps4 stations which is a great respite for mums and dads who have children who are having withdrawal symptoms from their home-tech.
As we have discovered this week , there is so much more to do than we realised in the Aviemore area when the weather is fine with beautiful lochs , cycle tracks and golf. However having a facility like the Macdonald Highland Leisure Arena within the village gives mums and dads the option for fun and exercise when the weather is not so hot.
Everyone is very friendly too which is only to be expected as folk up there are known for their 'Highland hospitality '.
If there was anything that could be improved then I would suggest taking back the old menu in 'The Scottish Steak Club' which is an eaterie on the Dalfaber site . My wife , two boys and I ate there on Friday evening which I would have expected to be busy , but wasn't . This is a very nice lounge /bar with leisure facilities which should be used to its full potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland