“Huge portions”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Aviemore
Luton, England, United Kingdom
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel but ate here a couple of times during our stay in Aviemore. Fabulous atmosphere, authentic Scottish experience with Scottish dishes on menu and a piper every evening Staff very helpful and friendly, food was superb quality very reasonably priced and absolutely huge in portion size, would highly recommend if you like a good value plate full

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Vaudreuil-dorion, Quebec
Reviewed 2 September 2014

A wonderful place to relax, laugh and dine. A suit of armor at the entrance, the tartan carpeting in the foyer and the warm comfortable feel of the hotel made our stay there memorable. There is a pub at the hotel so no need to go elsewhere. The meals served in the dining room are fantastic and the staff the same. Our next trip to the Highlands will include a stay at the Cairngorm.

Room Tip: There was a Harley Davidson bike week during the 3rd week which we missed but we did hear it was noi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan O
Scotland
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stopped off here at night last weekend, sunday night was not that busy but was quite drink, we were last 2 leave, good prices and then i went back next day for hot chocolate, it was cold but they replaced it no problem.

Ideal and great location

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you like tartan and bagpipes this is the place to be! Beautiful hotel with delicious local food. For starters I had black pudding with apples and bacon which was amazing. Followed by fish cakes and chips which was very filling and finally Osprey Folly which was a mix of ice cream, meringue and berries. Service was friendly and efficient. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Durham
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in for 3 nights in June 2014
Cost: £65per night.
Location: central - right opposite the train station
Parking: plenty of parking in the hotel car park
Staff: friendly but professional.

Room: my room was on the first floor at the end of the corridor (room 114 I think) at the back of the building, so no scenic views but easily accessible for me and my dog and very quiet which was ideal. It was small but very nicely decorated and comfortable (lovely thick, plush curtains and soft furnishings etc.) Shower was a bit outdated but it did the job and the water was hot. They also provide miniature toiletries
Food: breakfasts were AMAZING! I would stay again just for one of their breakfasts! But I couldn’t try the restaurant or the bar food for reasons which I’ll go on to explain.
Dog Friendliness: had I been staying here on my own I probably would have scored a 5 rather than a 4 because it really is a lovely hotel which I would/do recommend and would stay at again. However, travelling with a dog did mean that I was somewhat restricted - even at a 'dog friendly hotel'. My dog was only 13 months old at the time of our stay it was her first time away from home. She is crate trained but I discovered that she didn’t like being left in a strange room on her own so would bark when I tried to leave her to get food. This is not the hotels fault (obviously) but it had a big impact on my stay. Because of this, breakfast was the only meal I ate during my stay. How I coped with the situation doesn’t have any bearing on this review but had I been able to take her into the restaurant or bar area it would have greatly reduced my stress levels during my stay.

Room Tip: There are no lifts in this hotel so if you have any concerns about climbing flights of stairs I reco...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Well situated in the centre of Aviemore the hotel has all the required facilities for a comfortable stay, although in need of refurbishment. Our twin room had a good shower, important for two wet hillwalkers. Dinner and breakfast are of a good standard. The restaurant does not take dinner reservations, but we were shown straight to a table at 8.00 pm on a Sunday, despite the hotel being very busy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed in The Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore for 2 nights, as a family of 4. We were given a family room at the 2nd floor, which looked like attic. Room was very small to take a double bed and another double/sofa bed for the kids. We could barely move around. Luckily we found excellent, hot, weather when we visited but that meant that the room was boiling and with no airconditioning we struggled to rest.

The lady at reception was helpful for any request, as were most of the people at the restaurant and the pub. Talking about pub, it is a great place to hang around after a day out. Good crowd, with a singer on one of the days made it feel all very welcoming.

Room Tip: There is no lift, and although the stairs are comfortable to use, this can be an issue for some. For...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aviemore
Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Carrbridge
Muckrach Country House Hotel
Muckrach Country House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey

Been to Cairngorm Hotel? Share your experiences!