Ravenscraig Guest House
US$156
US$152
The Boat Hotel(Boat of Garten)
US$140
US$216
US$169
Cairngorm Hotel(Aviemore)
US$172
All reviewschalet roomthe main houselarge shower roomcreme fraicheporridgegreat showerski gearlog firebreakfast was deliciouschoice of cerealsrail stationanother guestfull scottish breakfasta great stayshort walksingle bedpotato scone
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed at the Ravenscraig for 2 nights in late March 2013. Our bedroom was warm, clean and comfortable. The guest house was peaceful and relaxing and very good value for money. The breakfasts include really good bacon, sausages and black pudding! Easy walking distance from the shops etc. We will definitely stay here again when in Aviemore.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear any traffic, ask for a rear facing room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2013. As it was my husband, daughter and myself were given a chalet just at the back if the main guest house which had a double and single bed. Immediately we entered the chalet it felt cosy and homely. Plenty of room for our 3 yr old to play in and we all felt very comfortable. I was immediately impressed with hiw clean it all felt and this included the bathroom my daughter must have picked up on my comments as she followed me in to bathroom and said ooo it's posh!!! We had a very short walk to main guest house for breakfast each morning and the breakfast was lovely. The owners were fab with advice and help and couldn't do enough for you. Their staff were also lovely. An all round good team. The highlight for my daughter was when the owners let her feed their chickens every morning, she named them Sarah, Neville and Jemima. She has been quite concerned since we came home who will feed them now. We will just have to go back again to make sure they are!!! Would recommend this Guest House to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lhrork
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is a brilliant little B&B run by such lovely people. I'm looking forward to returning for the breakfasts and the great shower! - just what you need before and after skiing! Great location- within walking distance of loads of great pubs and restaurants in Aviemore. A very comfortable stay indeed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachel b
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here for two nights in one of the chalet twin rooms with my brother. Room very comfortable, clean and warm with possibly the best shower I have ever had! Owner Richard very helpful and hospitable. Breakfast delicious and I loved that they had both Marmite and Vegemite on offer. Lots of nice little touches like the toiletries in the bathroom, fluffy towels and quality coffee in the rooms. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrillsoThrillso
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed at the Ravenscraig for two nights whilst skiing in feb 2013. What a find!
Warmly welcomed by Jonathan, who was taking a break from making bread (which immediately impressed us and had us looking forward to breakfast). He gave us some restaurant ideas, including The Cairngorm hotel (very good, btw).
My sister had a single room which was a good size and nicely put together. We have two kids and were in rooms 14/15 (I think) which are 2 bedrooms in their own part of the house each with a bath/shower room. Great size. Very clean. Wi-fi. Bedrooms were well looked after each day.
The living room with its wood-burning fire is lovely - lots of books, some games (and our bottle of wine for the evening). Jill popped her head round the door to say hello and see if we needed anything.
Breakfast did not disappoint - juice, good range of cereals, lots of local produce for the fantastic fry up, real (slightly salted) porridge (being southern softies we prefer sweet porridge). I meant to ask if the eggs came from their own chickens.
We will be back - can't see us having as much fun or attention at some other local and huge establishments.
Well done guys!