“The finest in the Highlands” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Cairngorm Hotel
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inverness, United Kingdom
“The finest in the Highlands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I would always recommend this restaurant I have a long history going back with it I used to live in Aviemore and my Dad used to drink in the 'Cairn' lounge bar. Very resonable priced rooms for the location, £59 per night as of August 2014 although I don't think the rooms have wifi, and that's pretty much a necessity these days :P

Food is great, I had french onion soup and there was a big lump of cheesy bread in the middle. I wouldn't worry about how the staff treat you, as in most bars, restaurants, hotels these days, they treat you the same. Unless they know you personally you are subhuman to them.

Was a bit pricey though by usual pub standard a bowl of soup and a pint of coke was roughly £6.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My daughter and I had a dinner here. Highly disappointed!!! We had a very odd waiter (ROB) making me feel very uncomfortable.
He was rude and without smile all the dinner. The food was ok but I couldn't finish it because I just wanted to leave quick.
I paid without leave tips.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank bachi74
Fife
“Great service, awful food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very disappointed with our visit to this restaurant.Firstly the positives,staff were friendly and efficient.The surroundings and bar area are very attractive and inviting.However the food is most certainly not up to the standards we were expecting.
Huge piles of thick tasteless frozen chips,soggy,chewy frozen onion rings.Overcooked/dry pork steaks,tough tasteless slab of roast beef with almost no gravy.That was the fayre served up.
There are many eating establishments in Aviemore,choose somewhere else as this place doesn`t deserve your custom.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Fifer1903
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Food is very good, a wide selection to choose from.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
It can get very busy so you may have to wait a little while to be seated.
Unfortunately you cannot reserve a table, the longest wait i had for a table was only 40 minutes, the food was worth waiting for..... No complaints.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Massive portions and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived it was very busy however we needn't have worried as service was prompt. Our starters came only 5-10 mins after we ordered. They were huge portions. I had the leek and tattie soup which was very filling. We'd all agreed that we shouldn't have had starters as we all felt full before put mains arrived. I had chicken Ben Macduie which I only managed to eat half. The salmon seemed lovely and was chosen by a couple of my family. My dad's mince and tatties however was the icing on the cake. I've never seen such a portion before and served in a Yorkshire pudding. He loved it. Would definitely recommend. Especially if you're very hungry!