“yum yum”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“yum yum”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

at first glance the skiing do restaurant looks quiet, however if you actually put your head in the door, you will find a very cosy eating place (there is also seating downstairs which we didnt realise), decorated with traditional ski type stuff, postcards and even cartoon strips.
The food is delicious and plentiful, and staff friendly. My favourite thing was the creamy sauce, unfortunately I couldnt get enough of dipping my chips in it so had no room for dessert. Oh well we will have to visit again....

• Visited March 2014

Helsinki
“Just awesome!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went there twice and it was perfect both times! Staff was great and friendly, food was awesome, funny looking things all around to keep your eyes busy while waiting for the food (which was super fast!).

Both times we came in when there were only one other couple and left when the place was full to every single corner!

Even the staff got busy, they did not seem to stress about it and smiled and did not rush with us. I could do almost about anything to get the chocolate fudge cake with ice cream one more time..

If we visit Aviemore again, this is a place were we will definetly go again! Don't mind that it looks a bit old outside, inside is what matters! ;)

Ps. Try the funny different mustards they bring to table, it was part of the adventure to go a bit crazy with tasting. ;)
Pps. Greetings to the nice dark haired young woman working there, it was nice that you chatted with us for a minute even you must have been busy. It was nice to feel like we were guests at someones home rather than just restaurant customers. ;)

3 Thank Milla P
Penallt, United Kingdom
“Lively and good value”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Recommended to us by locals. Good hearty, meaty meals, but doesn't look quite a vegetarian's venue, however, two of our party had a good mushroom rissotto. service good and friendly.

Fife, Scotland
“Not in restaurant only in downstairs bar”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had already eaten by the time we got here but kinda wished we had room for more. The plates looked very full and portion size had not been scrimped on, all plates returning to kitchen were empty!!!

The barmaid/barmen were all very nice and friendly (thanks for charging my phone at no extra cost)

Loved the choice of absolute vodka! I accepted my own challenge to try them all!!

Good atmosphere, will look forward to a return visit!

1 Thank Toenailrust
Newtonmore, United Kingdom
“Good no-nonsense food, with friendly service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate here on a Tuesday evening at about 6pm and were among the only people there, so it was very quiet. Having said that, it's easy to imagine that if it were full of people it would have a great atmosphere, with lots of things to look at and a warm wood interior. It seems to be geared towards skiers and other outdoors types. Being quiet, the service was quick and attentive, as well as very friendly. The food was ok - not brilliant, but then this place is not trying to do Haut-cuisine... The chili burger comes in either 6oz or 12oz (I had the 6oz), and was acceptably good, although I don't think the burger was home made (I could be wrong about this). My dining companion had the vegetarian risotto, which she described as flavourful and filling. Both dishes were of good portion sizes. Overall Ski-ing Doo provided good, uncomplicated dining, at a cost of around £24 (including tip) for two main courses and 2 soft drinks.

• Visited June 2014