“Wish we had more time here!”
Review of The Glen Affric - CLOSED

The Glen Affric
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British
London
“Wish we had more time here!”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Not long ago we had some some car trouble nearby; walking into Cannich, we went almost door to door asking if anyone might know where we might get some help and while everyone was friendly, it wasn't until we got to this charming bar/pub/restaurant that we found help.

We found friendly staff that went well out of their way to lend us a helping hand when we needed it most, and they wouldn't even accept anything as thanks!

I wish I could say that we had spent real time here - we wished we had had it to spend as it was such a friendly place with a live band we just missed hearing. If we're ever back this way then we'll definitely take a detour to The Glen Affric.

I don't mean to sound too cliche, but If you're looking for a friendly place that looks like it gets lively in a beautiful part of Scotland, then The Glen Affric is worth a visit!

To the staff: Thanks for the help!!!

• Visited March 2012

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I recently visited Glen Affric for the first time. My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cannich campground and went around the corner for dinner. We walked right by the Glen Affric because we thought it looked a little shabby and maybe not super welcoming to tourists. After a shocking experience at a different pub just down the road, we came back and decided to give the Glen Affric a try. So glad we did. It was a fantastic experience. Nothing fancy, just very good pub food done in a homely atmosphere for very reasonable prices. Most importantly, the waitress was very friendly and made us feel at home. Seemed like there was a mixed group of locals and tourists in the place and it felt very comfortable. Food was great--my fish and chips were some of the best I've had. Highly recommended, don't be put off by the derelict building this pub is attached to--it's a very welcoming and warm place to eat.

• Visited August 2011