“Fantastic Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aigas Field Centre

Aigas Field Centre
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Beauly
More attraction details
Owner description: Please avoid the disappointment of being turned away. Aigas Field Centre is a residential business and not open to passing visitors. Prior booking is always required. The internationally acclaimed and award-winning field centre for the Highlands and Islands of Scotland; Aigas is a Highland estate and family home offering unsurpassed hospitality, educational holidays and wildlife experiences to residential visitors from all over the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Derby, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Absolutely fantastic week this was our second visit cannot wait to return.
The two holidays we have had have resulted in extraordinary and unforgettable wild life experiences.
Accommodation, food,rangers all first class.
A super welcome by the hosts.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank elaine_frew

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Spring Aigas Wildlife Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Absolutely fantastic week - saw everything on my wish list and more! Accommodation, food, rangers - all first class. I went on my own and met with a very nice mixed group of people and was very pleased to find that I was in a lovely cosy log cabin on my own. I was expecting to share but it was very nice to have some me time. All the trips out were very well planned and explained beforehand. The rangers were all very knowledgeable and answered our questions fully. The minibus was comfortable for our outings. Lord and Lady Lister Kaye and son were very welcoming and sat with us for pre dinner drinks. Food was exceptional on every occasion.
I honestly cannot think of any negative comment - even the Scottish weather was kind to us! I would highly recommend this holiday for anyone interested in birds and wildlife and beautiful scenery.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank helen s
AigasFieldCentre, General Manager at Aigas Field Centre, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Helen,

Thank you for your very kind review. It means a lot to us that you take the time to write about your experience at Aigas. I very much hope that you will come back and visit us again next year.

With kind regards
Warwick Lister-Kaye
Long Buckby, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Johnny Kingdom week-end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Absolutely fantastic. The accommodation was clean, comfortable and well appointed, the food was amazing and the hospitality faultless.
The rangers' knowledge was extensive and they were as helpful and informative as it was possible to be. The icing on the cake was being accompanied by Johnny Kingdom who brought expertise and a lot of humour to the week-end.
The prices look expensive but as absolutely everything is included, it is fantastic value, if you are wildlife or conservation enthusiast, a visit to Aigas is a must.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank AlanRWebb
AigasFieldCentre, General Manager at Aigas Field Centre, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear Alan,

Thank you for your kind review. The Johnny Kingdom weekend (sponsored by Swarovski Optik) was such fun, wasn't it. I am delighted that you enjoyed yourself so much.

The great news is that we all thought it was such as success that we're running it again next year. Put the 26 April 2013 in your diary if you'd like to do it again.

All best wishes
Warwick
Dingwall, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

In the past I have visited with school children.The Rangers are friendly and well-informed.It's the ideal outdoor centre for children and adults.There are open days about twice yearly where you can wander the gardens and grounds and have a wonderful tea with sandwiches and cakes.You can also eat in the long hall in the house which is full of interesting artefacts.Great value for money and they donate the proceedings to charity.The owners are friendly and welcoming to all.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Mofos
Wishaw, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Loved Every Minute !!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

by Callum Rodger (age 11)

This was my first holiday away without my family, and I came here last week for 6 days with my school.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and Lady Lucy was really nice to us all (and she makes GREAT chocolate cupcakes).
We did many activities here, walking, boat trips, castles, visiting the hides and I saw a beaver, dolphins, and golden eagles at the falconry at Dunrobbin Castle.
I was in Fraser Lodge and it was really nice and comfortable.

I LOVED my visit here and I'd like to come back with my parents some day. Thank you to Lady Lucy and the Rangers (Elspeth, Duncan, Dave, Brenna, Alicia, Scott and Sarah) for looking after me so well.

Callum

I'd also like to add my thanks to Lady Lucy as Callum has come home eating soup "with bits", flapjacks and drinking milky coffee - something I've never managed in 11 years.
In all seriousness though, I'd recommend this trip for any schoolchild who has the opportunity to come here. Callum had a wonderful experience that he'll never forget, and his first comment as he came off the bus was "I want to go back, I have a brochure" !!!!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank KazMR
AigasFieldCentre, General Manager at Aigas Field Centre, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Callum (and Callum's Mum!)

Thank you so much for your really kind review. It is the first review that we've had from a child and it means a lot to us. We're delighted that you had such a good time at Aigas and hope that you have learned a lot, which will stay with you for a long time.

With kind regards