“Wildlife highlights with Nick Baker, an amazing week”
Review of Aigas Field Centre

Aigas Field Centre
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Beauly
More attraction details
Owner description: Please avoid the disappointment of being turned away. Aigas Field Centre is a residential business and not open to passing visitors. Prior booking is always required. The internationally acclaimed and award-winning field centre for the Highlands and Islands of Scotland; Aigas is a Highland estate and family home offering unsurpassed hospitality, educational holidays and wildlife experiences to residential visitors from all over the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was my 4th stay at Aigas. The garden still looked stunning,Lady Lucy must spend loads of time here. My favourite place is the little bench overlooking the pond. This time I had booked a week with Nick Baker. It proved to be an excellent choice, Nick is very enthusiastic, offers a different look on wildlife and is very, very knowledgable. We did some tracking which was very exciting, visited a badger sett and even did some rock pooling. Amazing what you can find and what he can tell you about all the different species! His knowledge about bugs really added to the programme. My favourite bit is always the hide visits, this time I managed to get pine martens on 6 out of 7 nights which was amazing. I watched the sunrise from the loch every morning, heard the owls and buzzards calling, saw the bats go into their roosting place, there is so much this place offers. My lodge was very comfortable, the weather very unlike Scotland, we had 4 dry, warm days! Add the excellent food, the staff, the rangers and the guests and I can really say I had the perfect holiday. And the best part of it? I left knowing I had already booked another week for 2014.

1  Thank Cora B

Reviewed 20 November 2013

On arrival at Aigas we realised that many of our fellow guests were there for repeat visits. After our week it was easy to see why .
The accommodation was functional and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly ,knowledgeable and enthusiastic .The food was excellent.

1  Thank Fellsale
AigasFieldCentre, General Manager at Aigas Field Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. We sincerely hope that you will soon be one of those returning guests!

With kind regards,
Warwick Lister-Kaye

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A week at Aigas is a magical time for those interested in wildlife, especially if you're a keen photographer. Where else can you see and photograph pine martens, red deer, dolphins, seals, migrating geese and salmon, fungi and wildcat in the space of a week? A big thank you to workshop leader Laurie Campbell whose knowledge, patience and skill knows no bounds. Nothing was too much trouble for him to ensure that everybody got the maximum out of our week in the highlands. He was ably supported by the brilliant team of enthusiastic rangers at Aigas HQ, along with hosts Sir John, Lady Lucy and Warwick. I have already booked my return visit in 2014.

1  Thank Nick d
Reviewed 13 November 2013

For the third year running I have enjoyed a great week at Aigas - this time with a friends group. The staff went out of their way to give us a really enjoyable week. The Pine Martens were rather shy but we had very good sightings of Eagles, other raptors, Red Deer, Seals and Dolphins, Aigas's own Scottish Wildcats as well as a host of birds.

1  Thank Charles K

Dear Charles, thank you once again for your very kind review. We also enjoy welcoming you and your friends here and are very grateful for the photobooks your have produced, which many other guests see and admire. We look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes
Warwick

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had the most wonderful time at Aigas earlier this year. We couldn't have been made more welcome by the family and all the fantastic staff. Lady Lucy did us proud with a different vegetarian dish every evening and every one of them was fabulous.
We went out every day and saw incredible wildlife, coast to coast. The loch and the hides were worth visiting several times a day and we saw beavers in the loch and pine martens and Jays and woodpeckers from the hides.
We cannot praise Aigas highly enough and really hope to go again in the not too distant future.

1  Thank Lindis D