“Aigas Photography Workshop”
Review of Aigas Field Centre

Aigas Field Centre
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Beauly
More attraction details
Owner description: Please avoid the disappointment of being turned away. Aigas Field Centre is a residential business and not open to passing visitors. Prior booking is always required. The internationally acclaimed and award-winning field centre for the Highlands and Islands of Scotland; Aigas is a Highland estate and family home offering unsurpassed hospitality, educational holidays and wildlife experiences to residential visitors from all over the world.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 17 June 2014

From start to finish, the week's course was excellent: the wonderfully warm Aigas welcome from Sir John and Lady Lucy and their team, the delicious food, comfortable accommodation and, of course, the prime reason for booking this particular course - Laurie Campbell's excellent tuition. I learnt a lot in a variety of wildlife locations and in a very relaxing environment. It was my third visit to Aigas and I hope there will be other opportunities to return - one day the Aigas badgers will put in an appearance for me!

1  Thank Reikibid

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Sir John and Lady Lucy welcomed us to their home and we had a wonderful 5 days, staying in a comfortable, warm cabin the the estate grounds. We got on well with the other guests and had some fun. The wildlife hides were comfy and we had our first sighting of pine martens. Unfortunately the beavers and otters didn't show themselves, but that's wildlife. We did see golden eagles, buzzards, dolphins, and a highlight was the lekking black grouse. The staff and rangers are all very friendly and knowledgeable which adds to the experience. Love to go again.

1  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was my 4th stay at Aigas. The garden still looked stunning,Lady Lucy must spend loads of time here. My favourite place is the little bench overlooking the pond. This time I had booked a week with Nick Baker. It proved to be an excellent choice, Nick is very enthusiastic, offers a different look on wildlife and is very, very knowledgable. We did some tracking which was very exciting, visited a badger sett and even did some rock pooling. Amazing what you can find and what he can tell you about all the different species! His knowledge about bugs really added to the programme. My favourite bit is always the hide visits, this time I managed to get pine martens on 6 out of 7 nights which was amazing. I watched the sunrise from the loch every morning, heard the owls and buzzards calling, saw the bats go into their roosting place, there is so much this place offers. My lodge was very comfortable, the weather very unlike Scotland, we had 4 dry, warm days! Add the excellent food, the staff, the rangers and the guests and I can really say I had the perfect holiday. And the best part of it? I left knowing I had already booked another week for 2014.

1  Thank Cora B
Reviewed 20 November 2013

On arrival at Aigas we realised that many of our fellow guests were there for repeat visits. After our week it was easy to see why .
The accommodation was functional and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly ,knowledgeable and enthusiastic .The food was excellent.

1  Thank Fellsale
AigasFieldCentre, General Manager at Aigas Field Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. We sincerely hope that you will soon be one of those returning guests!

With kind regards,
Warwick Lister-Kaye

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A week at Aigas is a magical time for those interested in wildlife, especially if you're a keen photographer. Where else can you see and photograph pine martens, red deer, dolphins, seals, migrating geese and salmon, fungi and wildcat in the space of a week? A big thank you to workshop leader Laurie Campbell whose knowledge, patience and skill knows no bounds. Nothing was too much trouble for him to ensure that everybody got the maximum out of our week in the highlands. He was ably supported by the brilliant team of enthusiastic rangers at Aigas HQ, along with hosts Sir John, Lady Lucy and Warwick. I have already booked my return visit in 2014.

1  Thank Nick d