“Great place for bespoke items”
Review of Lindsey Gallacher

Lindsey Gallacher
Ranked #8 of 15 things to do in Thurso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to my jewellery and art studio in Thurso. My workbench is situated here and you can see me work on my creations every day but sunday. I graduated from Edinburgh College of Art with 1st class honours in jewellery and silversmithing. I offer beginner jewellery making workshops where you will learn real silversmithing techniques and at the end of the class take home your own piece of sterling silver jewellery that you have designed and made yourself. A perfect thing to do on a rainy day! Happy to take families (aged over 14) friends, couples or individuals looking to do something unique. Tucked away in Swanson street, very near Caithness Horizons, you will also see a variety of award winning artworks I also like to work on between jewellery making.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I recently visited this store and found the owner to be very pleasant and knowledgable. Whilst in there I noticed that on top of selling her own artwork and jewellery she offers worshops in both silversmithing and drawing. They both look amazing! It was a shame that I was only in the area briefly otherwise I would have taken advantage.
Lovey place and a real gem to find in Thurso.

Date of experience: July 2018
lindseygallacher, Owner at Lindsey Gallacher, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you so much! Hope you manage to visit Thurso again and join one of my workshops

All reviews
"necklace"
"artwork"
"gifts"

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I booked to go on a beginners' jewellery workshop with my mum. We learned some basic techniques and were able to use our own designs with Lindsey's help and support to make lovely unique pieces! It was a very enjoyable day, Lindsey is knowledgeable, friendly and very patient. We were thrilled with the experience and with the end results. And now we know how much work goes into a hand made piece of jewellery!

Date of experience: May 2018
lindseygallacher, Owner at Lindsey Gallacher, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you Karen, it was pleasure to have you both and your pendant design was fabulous!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I booked myself and my husband on a jewellery workshop and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Fantastic value for money and great to be able to say I made the items myself. I'm going to be going back so I can make some jewellery as gifts. I can't wait!

I also went to an art class with Lindsey. I arrived saying that I couldn't draw a stick man and came away amazedd at the flower I'd painted. I've painted a few pieces since and am impressed with what I've produced.

A great asset to the town. :)

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Dorothy A
lindseygallacher, Owner at Lindsey Gallacher, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thanks Dorothy! Glad to hear you enjoyed the classes