Waterside Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Thurso
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Park Hotel(Thurso)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsextra toastbig tvpower showerenjoyable stayorkney
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

We went there on 6.7 and the service was horrible! Everybody were so rude and even the other customers didn't say hello to us... The beds were also wery bad... The springs pushed my back all night long ...

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ThehighlanderLaura
Reviewed 17 April 2012

After reading reviews on trip advisor, i must admit I was pretty reluctant to book this Bnb!
However on arrival we were pleasantly surprised!
We had an en-suite double room on the ground floor, which was spacious and modernly decorated in cream/neutral tones.
The room has a nice faux leather bed and a flat screen TV.

Bathroom had been newly installed and was crisp and clean with cream/white and contrasting dark tiles. Spotlessly clean, and the shower was very powerful... we were competing in the Scottish Surfing Championships so the shower was MUCH appreciated!

Only slight change bit of feedback I could give to the owners would be that it would be great if there was a little more room for hanging clothes. But lovely room and would stay there again in an instant.

We left too early for breakfast the first morning, so were given a packed one instead, which I thought was a lovely touch!
The second morning we both had a full cooked breakfast, which was tasty, lovely and fresh and very generous in portion size. Nothing was too much trouble (we had extra toast), and had a very nice family feel to the whole bed and breakfast!

Centrally located with nice views over river... the town centre is just round the corner... and walking distance from station etc.

Yes it is a big older house, so there are a few small things in need of fixing, but the room was lovely, the breakfast great, and the welcome very warm! Would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah1980_uk
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lovely room, looked like it has just been refurbished all new shower room, "brill shower"
parkin just outside the door.

great value for money

Alex

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 23 March 2012

i read the reviews of 2011 and was worried what i was coming to. But I shouldnt have been ! The guest house has been totally renovated - to hotel standard. all the rooms have brand new ensuite shower rooms and the bedrooms are lovely. I arrived early - around lunch time, and it was no problem checking in then. They had a garage for my bike to keep it secure and on the second day i got a packed breakfast to take on the early train with me. Really, nothing seemed to much bother. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: there is a Free wi-fi Hot spot for anyone to use - just ask
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david b b
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Having booked in weeks earlier, it took only a few minutes to book out. I would rather have slept in my car. The bedroom was depressingly dark, none too clean and smelt of dogs. There was no shower mat or WiFi facilities, the one member of staff to whom I spoke was unhelpful. Tea and coffee-making facilities were minimal. My advice is to avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple