It's 12.30 and the music won't stop. Turns out there is a pub with a 'late licence' next door and they are making the most of it.
Apart from that, there is a strange smell permeating all public areas, initially we thought it was fish but have agreed it is more like urine.
Room surprisingly clean, however, very little water pressure in the shower and the strange shape of the bathroom meant I had to get on my knees to see my face when shaving. Also, they still have the British hot and cold taps in the sink - really? It's 2014!
Window doesn't open.
Plus for free internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Thurso, one of the most northerly towns in Mainland Scotland, the Royal Hotel provides a perfect place for business or leisure breaks. There are 103 en-suite rooms, all offering wireless Internet access, Freeview TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is close to the beach and guests wishing to visit the exquisite scenery of Orkney can take a short ferry journey to this captivating island. Further sightseeing opportunities can be found at John O’Groats, the Castle of Mey or Old St Peter’s Church. Guests arriving for business purposes can make use of our business centre services and conference rooms, all with Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Hotel, Caithness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel, Caithness Hotel Thurso
- Royal Hotel Thurso
- Royal Hotel, Caithness Thurso, Scotland