“Overnight bike trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaview Guest House

Seaview Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wick
Seaview Guest House
Ranked #2 of 22 Wick B&B and Inns
Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
“Overnight bike trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed at sea view guest house while touring highlands on motorbike,when we arrived we were wet and June was very accommodating and offered to dry bike gear, room was very comfortable and clean, breakfast was very nice, would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at June's sea View on the final night of our LEJOG trip. Booked it from Carlisle when we'd bought train tickets for the 6.20 am train out of Wick. A few days later, realised we wanted the previous night in Wick as well, so rang to book an extra night. June was fully booked but promised to get us in somewhere. True to her word, she rang back later with a room booked 'up the road'.
She rang the place we were staying 'up the road' to tell us to call at her house and leave our bags so we didn't have to carry them up to John O'Groats and back. This we did and thought no more about it. Imagine our surprise when she turned up at J O'Groats! She said she couldn't bear the thought of us riding from Land's End and no one there to greet us. She then took us into the cafe and bought us lunch!! We thought it may have been because we are 2 (very) mature ladies and she felt sorry for us, but reading the other reviews, it's obviously the way she operates. What a star! We were overwhelmed and will never forget her.
When we finally got to the guest house much later, we found our room very comfortable with plenty of room and everything we needed. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with shampoo etc and all the plumbing worked really well.
The next morning we left too early for breakfast (5.45am) so June made us a packed breakfast and we had cereal and tea. We told her not to get up - just leave it out for us - but of course she was up to make sure we had everything we needed and to see us off. We were treated to a few tricks from the dog before we left! (The dog is nearly as funny as June). It was the perfect end to our LEJOG trip. Thank you so much June.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ColbaggerDave
Kemnay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well I new we get a friendly welcome after speaking to June on the phone. Very hospitable nothing to much bother even had to accommodate an extra body for the surprise visit of for the guys finishing their mammoth task. June you are a star,(there's not many of us left lol) can't complain about anything everywhere was clean and breakfast just set me up for the long run back to Aberdeenshire. Would definitely recommend this establishment and if it is fully booked I know from first hand experience June will try her best to get you sorted. Good on you June I appreciate all the help you gave me. From Graham (1).

Room Tip: My room was number 3 although I didn't get a view over the harbour it saved me hearing the seagu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well this place has certainly changed my mind regarding B&B's. I have stayed in a few in Aberdeen area which are mainly for offshore workers and to be honest were dumps. I knew this one would be totally different after I read the reviews. The wonderful owner June is great she picked me up off my bus and even delivered me to the airport the next morning even though I said i would get a taxi she was having none of it.... i also left my phone charger in my room and she drove back upto the airport to give it back...how many would do this? I can see why it is the #1 in Wick and deservedly so.
The room was the family room on the page that i was given overlooking the harbour lovely views, it was large with a double bed very comfy i must ad and bunk beds . the toilet and shower were well equiped with all the shower gel you could need. The room also had hand cream if you were that way inclined..lol everything spotless and not a thing out of place . Even some sweets to eat as well. i didnt have breakfast and never used the lounge but if what i did see and use were anything to go by they would all have been first class. I tried to book for 6 weeks time but it was fully booked :( .
thanks June for a great stay and hope to stay there again if I can get a room..lol
p.s Clicked on pool and gym by mistake so had to give them 5 stars

Room Tip: Room 2 has great view of harbour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pgm6969
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had the warmest and friendliest 'Newcastle' welcome from the lovely June at the Seaview Guest House, rooms are all clean and comfy. Really enjoyed blethering away with such a friendly host. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Three of us visited Wick to visit a friend who had just moved there. Found the Seaview by complete chance whilst looking online and was impressed with the previous reviews.

We arrived around 1900 and were given a warm and friendly welcome by June who showed us our rooms, all of which were clean and super comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious, Really can't fault our stay and will be back on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hey there, just wanted to stop in and say that my wife and I visited Wick Scotland recently and stayed with June at her Seaview Guest House for a few nights and had a wonderful time. Where to begin? Its been a goal of mine to get to Wick for many years (All the way from Manitoba, Canada) As my Great-Great Grandparents moved from there to Canada in the early 1880's - I always wanted to see the town and surrounding areas for myself. The room was very, very nice and June was so accommodating. Every morning we were treated to the full Scottish breakfast (we traveled Scotland for another week and were hard pressed to find it done better!!) and anything we needed June made sure to help us. We wanted to go visit John O'Groats, Dunnet Head and Watten but weren't sure how we were going to get to all three places in the short time we had in Wick, we asked June for advice and she offered to take us both around for the entire day for £20! It was incredible, she took us all over the North Shore and showed us all the sights, the things we never would have seen without her help, all the while giving us a brief history of the area and its sights. Anyhow, we really loved our time there in Wick and can't wait to come back (which we most certainly will) Of all the options we looked at in Wick, I know we made the right choice and had luck on our side when we found June and the Seaview B&B. June I hope you'll see this, thanks so much for making our time in the North so enjoyable and memorable, you're one of a kind! T & D Ross

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
Mackays Hotel
#3 of 9 in Thurso
Alba Sunrise
Alba Sunrise
#3 of 22 in Wick

Been to Seaview Guest House? Share your experiences!